#4886 - Sunday, April 7, 2013

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 10:28 PM
      Archived issues of the NDHighlightsare available online: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4886, Sunday, April 7, 2013

      I have no idea why I'm doing this. I know nothing that would qualify me to be an editor of the NDhighlights, and particularly, I have no idea why I would be in a position to review Jeannie Zandi's new CD. However,,,

      Jeannie's CD is entitled "Benevolent Thief." I met her in Taos NM, where I was basically unable to make a living. On my way out of town, I went to Albuquerque (I have to sound that out phnonetically every time I try to spell it...) with Pamela Wilson, who's asked Jeannie to teach in the Advaita tradition. She (Pamela) suggested I go live with Jeannie for a short time to ponder my decision to leave and so I did. Jeannie welcomed me into her home, with her young daughter and her boyfriend, and I was treated with true grace until I found a place for myself. I'll be grateful for this until my dying day.

      So, here I am giving some sort of review of her new CD. I've only listened to one track. "Benevolent Thief" it's called. It's deep, silent and wonderful. As a bit of a music tape creator, I find some of the gaps between songs a bit long, but this is satsang. It's silence personified, and the next bit of sonic wisdom is well worth the wait. I love this track, and I will report next week on track two. I'm going to stretch this out, as it's both a great pleasure to me, and I'd like to give this CD some time to percolate...

      Some quotes from the track... "just let the creature of your body soften and take up residence here... soften and open... really just letting attention just meander through the field, softening as it goes..." "leaving everything behind but just this... the entire reservoir of stored knowledge; leaving it behind to be innocent and opened..."

      I have one favorite word, and I tend to reserve it for wonderful things, and so unreservedly award it now... "Yum."