#4875 - Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2013
      #4875 - Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Dustin LindenSmith presented the following at last night's Nonduality Satsang in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

      The way my life has been unfolding in recent weeks can really best be described as perfect. As… 100%, purely perfect. But it's not perfect in the way you might first think. It's not perfect because everything is working out perfectly for me. No, it's perfect because I've stopped believing that I need anything at all to work in a certain way in order for my life to be okay. I've stopped believing the story that I've been telling myself for more than 30 years about who I am, why I am the way that I am, and what I need to do next in order to become a complete, whole, fully-healed, perfect person.

      I've stopped believing in that whoooooole story. That personage I've been trying to protect all this time is a complete illusion; a piece of outright fiction, dreamed up out of the ether.

      -----

      There is no other way things could be than the way they are.

      Everything, absolutely everything, is unfolding exactly as it should.

      We are here, now.

      There is nowhere else we are meant to be right now other than right… here.

      Ask yourself, after you've been silent for a few moments: do you accept the knowledge that you are already that which you are seeking? Do you accept this as fact, or do you continue to question it?

      If you continue to question it — if you say, "Yes, I understand this intellectually, but I just don't believe it experientially yet" — then ask yourself this simple follow-up question: Who are you, REALLY?

      Boil your personality down to its most basic, fundamental element. Can you see who you are with any clarity? Is it not more plausible that you are NOT a flawed individual who has something inside themselves that needs to be FIXED and who won't be ENLIGHTENED until they WAKE UP to the essential reality of all that there is?

      There IS no enlightenment. And there is no "enlightenment moment," after which everything in life becomes crystal clear and unfolds perfectly, without causing any undue stress or pain or conflict or whatever.

      As we learn to trust this fact, the pleasant byproduct of the experience is that the stress and conflict dry up and blow away like dust. Once we realize that the so-called "stress" and "conflict" are just names we've assigned to a physical or psychological state THAT WILL PASS, we can let go of our need to FIX EVERYTHING. It cannot be fixed, it JUST IS.

      To be at peace with that, we must surrender our wish for things to turn out a certain way. We must let go of our incessant need to be right. And we must release our expectations about living up to some perfect standard that was probably never realistic in the first place.

      There is nothing to be stressed about, AT ALL. You arise in stress, stress does not issue forth from you. YOU, the so-called YOU, are indelibly BEYOND stress and conflict. You are pure, unadulterated BEING, and you have no basis to be tense about how "life" will turn out for "you."

      ~ ~ ~

      Dustin is a married stay-at-home Dad to their three young children. Contributing to the above understanding was a nutritional undertaking which resulted in Dustin losing 125 pounds and achieving his weight goal. In the process he lost identification with one fixation after another.