#4871 - Thursday, March 21, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013

      #4871 - Thursday, March 21, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      She turned to the sunlight
      And shook her yellow head,
      And whispered to her neighbor:
      "Winter is dead.”

      ~A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young

      via Aile Shebar on Facebook

      Yas,ar Koç Photography

      "The Great Work...is to carry out the transition from a period of human
      devastation of the Earth to a period when humans would be present to the
      planet in a mutually beneficial manner.

      The deepest cause ...of the present devastation is found in a mode of
      consciousness that has established a radical discontinuity between the human
      and other modes of being and the bestowal of all rights on the humans.

      All human activities, professions, programs, and institutions must henceforth be
      judged primarily by the extent to which they inhibit, ignore, or foster a
      mutually enhancing human/Earth relationship."

      ~Thomas Berry, cultural historian and ecotheologian

      I remember when I first arrived at my teacher Ajahn Chah’s monastery, he
      looked at me and said, “I hope you’re not afraid of suffering.” I replied, “What
      do you mean? I came here to meditate and find inner peace and happiness.” He
      explained, “There are two kinds of suffering, the suffering we run from
      because we are unwilling to face the truth of life, and the suffering that comes
      when we’re willing to stop running from the sorrows and difficulties of the
      world. The second kind of suffering will lead you to freedom.”
      (Bringing Home the Dharma).

      ~ Jack Kornfeld

      The ancient masters were subtle, mysterious, profound, responsive.
      The depth of their knowledge is unfathomable.
      Because it is unfathomable,
      All we can do is describe their appearance.
      Watchful, like men crossing a winter stream.
      Alert, like men aware of danger.
      Courteous, like visiting guests.
      Yielding, like ice about to melt.
      Simple, like the uncarved blocks of wood.
      Hollow, like caves.
      Opaque, like muddy pools.

      Who can wait quietly while the mud settles?
      Who can remain still until the moment of action?
      Observers of the Tao do not seek fulfillment.
      Not seeking fulfillment, they are not swayed by desire for change.

      ~Lao-tzu

      via Along The Way

      fál claí
         tagaid anseo chun damhsa a dhéanamh -
               Neacha Eile

      rock enclosure
         they come here to dance -
             the Other Ones

      Image: Ron Rosenstock
      Text: Gabriel Rosenstock

      Twenty four black and white infrared photographs by Ron Rosenstock
      with accompanying Haiku by the Irish Poet, Gabriel Rosenstock, in
      English and Irish with translations into Spanish by Francisco X. Alarcon
      and Japanese by Mariko Sumikura