#4864 - Saturday/Sunday, March 9/10, 2013

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10 7:30 PM

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4864, Saturday/Sunday, March 9/10, 2013

      Dear ones.. does someone need to hear this right now?

      Remember not to take anything too personally.

      Remember that when someone reacts it is usually because they are triggered by something personal in them and not at all about you. In this way you will not engage in aggression that is not useful. You do not not have to attend every argument you are invited to.

      Sometimes people have a lot of battles going inside them, and though it seems unfair that they take it out on others - they are the only ones who need to deal with things and be responsible for their thoughts, choices and actions. It has nothing to do with you. You can try and choose to not react. Simply disengage and walk away.

      Do not let any one drain away your positive energy and your power. You can help people... but you cannot be a door mat to other people's whims and moods all the time.

      Unconditional loving means sometimes to back away a few paces and let the other person realize and learn their own lessons.

      Love, be there, be compassionate, be kind, but always know and understand when it is quite all right to say, 'Enough is enough.'

      Sometimes all you can do it Love - and let it be.

      ~ Author unknown, posted to DailyDharma

      The only reason we don't open our hearts and minds to other people is that they trigger confusion in us that we don't feel brave enough or sane enough to deal with. To the degree that we look clearly and compassionately at ourselves, we feel confident and fearless about looking into someone else's eyes.

      - Pema Chödrön

      Remember above all that you cannot relax just by saying to yourself: "Relax". It is an actual exercise of internal attention. It is a directed effort that has to be made comparatively consciously and even if you do it only once a week you will get results...

      Teaching of Maurice Nicoll posted to SufiMystic

      Having looked and understood the correct position of the Self with respect to projections, now keep your attention inside the Self. Like this, everything becomes quiet. The mind actually loves being here; it just fights initially, because it is accustomed to being outside in the playground called existence.

      - Mooji from Writing on Water posted to AlongTheWay

      The individual does not finally merge with his original nature any more than a wave merges with water. They were not different to begin with. A wave is nothing more than the shifting shape of the water itself. It is not a question of joining separate things but of the abandonment of something inessential and superficial, the false identity of a separate individual entity.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar from A Net of Jewels posted to AlongTheWay

      You are the sky. Everything else – it's just the weather.

      - Pema Chödrön