#4860 Tuesday, March 5, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2013
      #4860 Tuesday, March 5, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Interview with Brendan Smith

      Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8K4E5M2ceM (Includes descriptive listing of tracks)

      Brendan Smith is a 27 year old intern at the Krishnamurti Foundation of America in Ojai, California. http://kfa.org His main interest is space itself in which is allowed "the freedom of raw perceiving." That is the primary topic of the conversation.

      Brendan is co-hosting the Timeless Spring retreat in September, 2013: http://farhorizons.org/programs/2013programs/timeless-spring/. We talk about the retreat quite a bit.

      Brendan's informative and diverse website is http://everythingislooking.com

      A different kind of retreat ... hosted by Antal Szalay and Brendan Smith ...

      "Spend time in natural silence and commune the foundation of the human heart. Being together in a way where there is no other than this."

      Timeless Spring

      Far Horizons Retreat Center, Sequioa National Park

      September 2nd - September 15th, 2013

      http://farhorizons.org/programs/2013programs/timeless-spring/

      presented by Nondual Institute

               There is this open and clear reality. It seems like timeless spring. The colors, sounds and forms are at ease and seem to come from a place where nothing is hidden and fruition is happening. Seeing clearly that our vastness is what we are and that perception begins with separation. We commune in the authenticity of self without knowing and without being able to imagine how this way of being affects our being together as society and community. Being together in a way where there is no other than this - seed of clear sight, fulfillment and undivided connectedness - our natural perception is its soft openness. How does humanity evolve coming from the place where there is nowhere further to go?

              This retreat opens up the possibility of resting in and falling into our natural shape of being. Seeing clearly what we are not who we think we are or who we think we should be. Together we receive, experience and evolve in a way of connectedness where we find ourselves in the other seeing that there is just this one moving and evolving consciousness that we are. We celebrate community informed by contentless openness. This is a unique endeavor opening for the possibility that conditioned mind finds rest in its origin and that form finds shape coming from openness. May the authentic self express itself uncovered in society and establish itself in the collective consciousness. How would society and community look like coming from the heart of completion and fulfillment?

                In these days we will cultivate being with each other coming from the place of completion. We will spend time in natural silence and commune the foundation of the human heart. Being together in a way where there is no other than this.

      Find out more and view pictures from last year's retreat:

      Reserve your room or campsite here (3 vegetarian meals/day included in the price)

      Contact Brendan if you have questions: brendanjsmith0@...

      photo from 2012 retreat