#4859 - Monday, March 4, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 9:03 PM

      #4859 - Monday, March 4, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The analysis of pointers is pointless.
      ~ Eckhart Tolle

      "You're either attaching to your thoughts or inquiring. There's no other choice."
      ~Byron Katie

      photo by Yasar Koç

      All of the "words of wisdom" are in your own heart,
      so why waste time listening to someone else speak them?
      The Buddhadharma is the same.
      The principles in the sutras come from our own hearts.
      The wisdom and happiness of all buddhas comes from our own minds.
      ~ Heng Ch'au

      Do not fight against pain; do not fight against irritation or jealousy.
      Embrace them with great tenderness, as though you were embracing a little baby.
      Your anger is yourself, and you should not be violent toward it.
      The same thing goes for all of your emotions.
      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

      I love the dark hours of my being.
      My mind deepens into them.
      There I can find, as in old letters,
      the days of my life, already lived,
      and held like a legend, and understood.

      Then the knowing comes: I can open
      to another life that's wide and timeless.

      I,5
      Rilke's Book of Hours, Love Poems to God
      translated by Anita Barrows and Joanna Macy

      Alan Larus Photography

      I live in town without all that racket
      horses and carts stir up,
      and you wonder how could that be

      Wherever the mind dwells apart is itself a distant place,
      picking chrysanthemums at my east fence,
      far off, I see South Mountain:

      mountain air lovely at dusk, birds in flight returning home

      All this means something, something absolute.
      Whenever I start explaining it, I’ve forgotten the words.

      old tracks are lost,
      new country is revealed with its wonders!

      Thanks and goodbye everybody, take care.

      Tau Chyen,
      sixth dynasties period

      At some point along the way, there is a surrender of interpretation, of trying to
      figure it out, of mentalizing things to a fine powder. At some point, there is a
      moment of realization that there is wonder and joy and beauty and love in this world
      that doesn't need understanding, but instead seeks just a bit of space to be.

      ~ Jeff Anderson

      Rest nakedly in truly not knowing.

      Until now we have opted for trusting
      our minds, images and ideas,
      rather than trusting the spaciousness
      from which all arises.

      What an opportunity is available now
      to trust the unknown spaciousness of the heart.

      ~ Gangaji

      The Gift

      There is a gift which can never be given.

      I could give you a dried flower to keep forever in your scrapbook of ideas,
      or I could show you a field where one fleetingly dances with the wind...
      but can never be yours to hold.

      Truth always dies before it can be spoken,
      rather than become a withered and eternal lie.
      This moment is the field in which it plays in ever-changing forms...
      alive, uncatchable and wild.

      You are this wind, this field,
      this flower and this truth...
      this gift unowned, unheld,