#4858 - Saturday-Sunday, March 2-3, 2013

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2013

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4858, Saturday-Sunday, March 2-3, 2013

      Although the wind
      blows terribly here,
      the moonlight also leaks
      between the roof planks
      of this ruined house.

      Izumi Shikibu, translated by Jane Hirshfield with Mariko Aratani

      On a branch
      floating downriver
      a cricket, singing.

      Issa, translated by Jane Hirshfield

      Fear and greed cause the misuse of the mind. The right use of mind is in the service of love, of life, of truth, of beauty.

      For some people the day comes
      when they have to declare the great Yes
      or the great No. It's clear at once who has the Yes
      ready within him; and saying it,

      he goes from honor to honor, strong in his conviction.
      He who refuses does not repent. Asked again,
      he'd still say no. Yet that no—the right no—
      drags him down all his life.

      C.P. Cavafy, translated by Edmund Keeley and Philip Sherrard

      Leucon, no one's allowed to know his fate,
      Not you, not me: don't ask, don't hunt for answers
      In tea leaves or palms. Be patient with whatever comes.
      This could be our last winter, it could be many
      More, pounding the Tuscan Sea on these rocks:
      Do what you must, be wise, cut your vines
      And forget about hope. Time goes running, even
      As we talk. Take the present, the future's no one's affair.

      - Horace, translated by Burton Raffel

      If there is no thought, there is no "me" and if there is no "me", there is neither thought nor desire nor fear. The whole intent and purpose of Self-enquiry is to focus the attention intensely and ceaselessly on the sense of "I" so that the spurious imposter "me" and its identifications are exposed as nonexistent.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, posted to ANetofJewels

      You who want
      knowledge,
      see the Oneness
      within.

      There you
      will find
      the clear mirror
      already waiting.

      Hadewijch II, translated by Jane Hirshfield