#4846 - Monday, February 18, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2013

      #4846 - Monday, February 18, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      As unnecessary as a well is to a village on the banks of a river, so unnecessary
      are all scriptures to someone who has seen the truth.
      ~ Bhagavad Gita

      When there's silence, it becomes omnipresent.
      ~ Robert Adams

      Learning how to love is the goal and the purpose of spiritual life - not learning
      how to develop psychic powers, not learning how to bow, chant, do yoga, or even
      meditate, but learning to love. Love is the truth. Love is the light.
      ~ Lama Surya Das

      via Cathy Ginter on Facebook

      Fall
      into place.
      Befriend
      entropy.
      Be the slope
      of grace,
      the soaring wing
      that dances on gravity.
      Rise only
      by surrender,
      not knowing how
      the melody is made
      out of listening silences.
      There are ten thousand reasons to be unhappy.
      Not one of them is this
      cherry blossom.

      ~ Fred LaMotte

      I never knew

      Take off the backpack
      Lie down in the long grass.
      Pull up the blue sky-blanket.
      Rest.

      So many years of Dharma practice,
      Straight-spine diligence, straining toward
      enlightenment.
      Today.
      This hillside.
      Just this.

      Lie down in the long grass.
      Let the earth take you.
      Deer tracks and horse dung
      and the eye within the eye,
      revolving and luminous.

      I never knew this.
      Did no one ever tell me?

      I remember my Zen master in the interview room,
      ‘Trust yourself,’ he said. ‘Just be yourself.’

      I think his meaning was this:

      Take off the backpack,
      Lie down in the long grass.
      Let the sky take you.
      Rest.
      Breathe space
      into space
      into space.

      I never knew there was this much light!

      ~ Helen Dhara Gatling-Austin
      October 31, 1998

      http://thisunlitlight.com/2012/09/06/i-never-knew/

      via Miriam Louisa on Facebook

      Sand Hill Crane

      To deliver oneself up,
      to hand oneself over,
      entrust oneself completely to the silence
      of a wide landscape of woods and hills,
      or sea and desert; to sit still while
      the sun comes up over the land
      and fills its silences with light.

      ...few are willing to belong completely
      to such silence, to let it soak into their bones,
      to breathe nothing but silence, to feed
      on silence, and to turn the very substance of their life
      into a living and vigilant silence.

      ~ Thomas Merton
      from Thoughts in Solitude