#4841 - Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2013
       #4841 - Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The material for this issue is from One Hundred Poems From The Chinese, by Kenneth Rexroth, New Directions Books, 1971.

      Kenneth Rexroth said: "Tu Fu (713-770) is, in my opinion, and in the opinion of a majority of those qualified to speak, the greatest non-epic, non dramatic poet who has survived in any language. ... For me his response to the human situation is the only kind of religion likely to outlast this century."

      Tu Fu poems translated by Rexroth:

      BANQUET AT THE TSO FAMILY MANOR

      The windy forest is checkered

      By the light of the setting,