#4833 - Saturday, February 2, 2013

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2013

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4833, Saturday, February 2, 2013

      The non-action of the no-mind state is not generally apprehended in its true significance. On the contrary, it is misconstrued as idleness in a materialistic society where what is valued and expected is a furious competitive spirit to achieve particular goals. But what is forgotten is that all such thinking and action leads only to the achievement of a "success" that is soon found to be empty and ephemeral. One is finally left in ultimate frustration with the sense of having wasted one's life.

      in the universal womb that is boundless space
      all forms of matter and energy occur
      as flux of the four elements,
      but all are empty forms, absent in reality:
      all phenomena, arising in pure mind, are like that.

      just as dream is a part of sleep,
      unreal in its arising,
      so all and everything is pure mind,
      never separated from it,
      and without substance or attribute.

      experience is neither mind nor anything but mind;
      it is a vivid display of emptiness, like magical illusion,
      in the very moment inconceivable and unutterable.
      all experience arising in the mind,
      at its inception, know it as emptiness!

      - Longchenpa

      While the mind is centered in the body, and consciousness is centered in the mind, awareness is free. The body has its urges and mind its pains and pleasures. Awareness is unattached and unshaken. It is lucid, silent, peaceful, alert and unafraid, without desire and fear. Meditate on it as your true being and try to be it in your daily life, and you shall realize it in its fullness.

      There is nothing to practice. To know yourself, be yourself. To be yourself, stop imagining yourself to be this or that. Just be. Let your true nature emerge. Don't disturb your mind with seeking.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj from I Am That - Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      Dropping Keys

      The small man
      Builds cages for everyone
      He
      Knows.
      While the sage,
      Who has to duck his head
      When the moon is low,
      Keeps dropping keys all night
      Long
      For the
      Beautiful
      Rowdy
      Prisoners.

      - Hafiz from The Gift - Translations by Daniel Ladinsky, posted to AlongTheWay

      Follow my ways and I will lead you
      To golden-haired suns,
      Logos and music, blameless joys,
      Innocent of questions
      And beyond answers.
      For I, Solitude, am thine own Self:
      I, Nothingness, am thy All.
      I, Silence, am thy Amen.

      - Thomas Merton from A Thomas Merton Reader, posted to AlongTheWay