#4831 - Thursday, January 31, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013

      #4831 - Thursday, January 31, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights/
      Follow my ways and I will lead you
      To golden-haired suns,
      Logos and music, blameless joys,
      Innocent of questions
      And beyond answers.
      For I, Solitude, am thine own Self:
      I, Nothingness, am thy All.
      I, Silence, am thy Amen.
      ~ Thomas Merton
      "A Thomas Merton Reader"
      via Along The Way
      January 31 is Thomas Merton's Birthday
      photo by Amalia Saar

      Solitude is in the mind of man. One might be in the thick of the world and
      maintain serenity of mind. Such a one is in solitude. Another may stay in a
      forest, but still be unable to control his mind. Such a man cannot be said to be in
      solitude. Solitude is a function of the mind. A man attached to desires cannot get
      solitude wherever he may be, whereas a detached man is always in solitude.
      ~ Sri Ramana Maharshi

      via Along The Way

      The wind is in the trees,
      it looks like trees in the wind.
      Being infinite I appear to be finite,
      being nothing I appear to be something,
      being alive I worry about dying.
      But brokenness is just the way
      unbrokenness appears to be.
      ~ Peter Baker
      via Nonduality Highlights on Facebook

      Hold the question 'What is love?' in silent contemplation until love reveals itself
      in its fullness. This takes real patience and dedication, and an inclination to be
      open to the dimension of being that lies in the heart of stillness. It's a very big
      question that deserves very big devotion.
      ~ Adyashanti
      If you sit with this question about what is more important, to be loving or to be
      awake, you may find that the two are not so separate, that they are actually
      highly complementary and integral and perhaps one and the same.
      ~ Mukti

      "Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart.
      Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
      ~ Carl Jung

      Everything that bothers us is actually in our mind. We blame our unhappiness on
      the environment, our situation, and believe that if we could change our
      circumstances we would be happy. But the situation in which we find ourselves is
      only the secondary cause of our suffering. The primary cause is innate ignorance
      and the resulting desire for things to be other than they are.
      Excerpt From: Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche. "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and
      Sleep." Snow Lion Publications, 1998.
      via Robert Cooper on Daily Dharma

      "Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness.
      If, in our heart, we still cling to anything - anger, anxiety, or possessions - we
      cannot be free."
      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh, Heart of Buddha's Teaching
      Walk and touch peace every moment.
      Walk and touch happiness every moment.
      Each step brings a fresh breeze.
      Each step makes a flower bloom under our feet.
      Kiss the Earth with your feet.
      Print on the Earth your love and happiness.
      Earth will be safe when we feel in us enough safety.
      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

      The thing to do is to understand who you are, first.
      Realize you are not the body or the mind or the doer or the knower or the speaker.
      This is not you.
      If you can realize this first before you talk, you will say very little and the little things you do say will be very meaningful.
      Something within you will speak the few words that you have to say and they will be the right words to cause a positive reaction.
      Do not feel you have to speak too much to anyone about anything.
      Truth is silence.
      Reality is quietness.
      Peace and love are stillness.
      Be still and know that I am God.
      ~ Robert Adams
      The Knower is the last to go! - January 9, 1992
      via Roxane Chapdelaine on Facebook