#4827 - Sunday, January 27, 2013

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2013

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4827, Sunday, January 27, 2013

      Give it all up and you get it all back. I believe that this is an immensely potent formula for finding freedom and joy in living. Every time I have put this principle in action, it has worked. Whenever I have let go of something, God has either given it back to me, or given me something better, or shown me that I'm better off without it. More and more, I have come to see that God is always giving us exactly what we need for our highest good, and at no cost to anyone.

      - Alan Cohen, posted to The_Now2

      When a man dives within, he finds that his real self is above the perpetual motion of the universe.

      Bowl of Saki, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

      Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:

      There is in man a false self and a real self. The real self contains the eternal; the false self contains the mortal. The real self has wisdom; the false self ignorance. The real self can rise to perfection; the false self ends in limitation. The real self has all good, the false self is productive of all evil. One can see both in oneself: God and the other one. By conquering the other one, one realizes God. This other power has been called Satan; but is it a power? In reality it is not. It is and it is not. It is a shadow. We see shadow and yet it is nothing. We should realize that this false self has no existence of its own. As soon as the soul has risen above the false self, it begins to realize its nobility.

      - posted to SufiMystic

      RN: How difficult it is to communicate the secret of life.

      What more can I say?

      Listen. Imagine you are at the center of a temple dedicated to the supreme deity. It is round, with a dome, and not even one ray of light comes in from the outside. With both your hands you are holding a bright lamp, the only source of light in the temple. You look around and notice it has no sacred images, there is just you and... countless mirrors of various shapes and sizes scattered everywhere, on the wall, on the dome and on the floor. Now, look at the mirrors and tell me what you see.

      GB: In every mirror there is an image of me holding the lamp, but in different forms.

      RN: Right! So stop separating yourself from other beings and from the Primordial Buddha. You are the 'God of gods'.... I am too, and like us so are other beings, because all is one. Oh! Isn't this revelation marvelous? There will come a day when all will be fully aware of it. That glorious day is not far... In truth, it is already now.

      ~Lama Rangdrol Naljor from Mahamudra and AtiYoga, by Baroetta, posted to DailyDharma

      A myriad bubbles were floating on the surface of a stream. 'What are you?' I cried to them as they drifted by. 'I am a bubble, of course' nearly a myriad bubbles answered, and there was surprise and indignation in their voices as they passed. But, here and there, a lonely bubble answered, 'We are this stream', and there was neither surprise nor indignation in their voices, but just a quiet certitude.

      Wei Wu Wei, posted to The_Now2

      This life is deceiving, don't you understand?
      And material things are illusion, don't you understand?
      And samsaric existence is peace, don't you understand?
      And all happiness is a dream, don't you understand?

      Criticisms and praise are dreams, don't you understand?
      Appearances are your mind, don't you understand?
      And your own mind is Buddha, don't you understand?
      And Buddha is (Buddha Nature,) don't you understand?
      And Buddha Nature is (True Reality,) don't you understand?

      And when you realize this, whatever appears is mind.
      Throughout day and night, look at your mind.
      When you look at your mind, you don't see anything.
      When you don't see anything, let go and relax.

      - excerpt from the Song of Milarepa, posted to DailyDharma