#4823 - Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2013
      #4823 - Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nondual Wisdom and Psychology Conference 2013
      A new trilogy of documentaries
      Something on organizational nonduality

      Spiritual Bypassing, True Intimacy and the Challenge of Being Fully Human
      About the Conference
      Nonduality derives from the Sanskrit word Advaita, which means "not-two," referring to the fundamental consciousness that underlies the apparent distinction between perceiver and perceived. From the nondual perspective, the split between self and other is a purely mental construct. This understanding, rooted in the direct experience of countless sages through millennia, is at the heart of Hindu Vedanta, Judaism, Islam, and many schools of Buddhism, Taoism, and mystical Christianity. Nonduality points to "That" which is before and beyond the projections of a seperative, self-reflexive mind. As nondual awareness emerges in the West in both therapists and clients, the practical and theoretical implications for psychotherapy are far-reaching.
      This annual cutting edge conference hosts leading therapists and teachers who are exploring the confluence of nondual wisdom and psychotherapy. How does psychotherapy change when therapists and clients awaken to and embody their true nature as open, lucid awareness that is essentially not separate from the whole of life? This year's conference focuses on spiritual bypassing, true intimacy and the challenge of being fully human. We will explore together how to determine when the mind is using spirituality as a means of avoidance, and how to invite and embody true intimacy inclusive of our humanity.

      History of the Conference
      The first Conference on Nondual Wisdom and Psychotherapy was held in 1998 at the Mt. Madonna Center in Watsonville, California, and was hosted by The Center For Timeless Wisdom, a non-profit organization established by Peter Fenner, Ph.D. Subsequent conferences have been held annually since 2000 in the San Francisco Bay Area including ones hosted by the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, John F. Kennedy University, and California Institute of Integral Studies.

      Who can Attend?
      Anyone is welcome to attend. While the conference presentations are geared towards the theory and practice of psychotherapy and are available to be taken for continuing education units, they are accessible to the interested public. Many graduate students and psychology interns attend along with licensed psychotherapists. Clergy, bodyworkers, and students of nondual teachings will also find the presentations of special interest.
      More information:

      Hi Jerry

      I'm a film producer who's just finished a trilogy of documentaries that I think you'll enjoy.

      You can find them all at www.beyondmefilm.com

      I get emails daily from around the world from people telling me how life changing they are.

      Organizational Nonduality
      by Jeff Vander Clute

      What is arising for me around conscious organizations relates to the theory of transformation I've been sensing into. A conscious organization knows itself as an expression of the whole, and does beneficial work on all apparent levels simultaneously. When we work authentically and compassionately with dissonance, disturbance, etc., arriving at and embodying joyful resolution, the effects are planetary as well as cosmic. And of course we can also work consciously with harmony, balance, etc. (as in thriving communities).

      Seeing the organization, its constituents, and its environment as an indivisible whole - as a complete manifestation of all that is - and moving accordingly is what I'm calling "organizational nonduality." When a collective, in this case an organization, sees in an undivided way, the very act of seeing activates profound healing, from the individual to the planetary, and throughout the cosmos.

      As Thich Nhat Hanh says, "One drop of this compassionate water is enough to bring back the refreshing spring to our mountains and rivers..." (See video: "The End of Suffering"). He is also widely quoted as saying that the next Buddha may well be a collective.

      I offer that collectives such as the Compassionate Action Network International http://compassionateaction.org/ can become conscious, even enlightened, organizations that illuminate the refreshing wellspring that is the very source of peace and flourishing. Peace starts here...