#4814 - Monday, January 14, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2013
      #4814 - Monday, January 14, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      These spiritual window-shoppers,
      who idly ask, 'How much is that?' Oh, I'm just looking.
      They handle a hundred items and put them down,
      shadows with no capital.

      What is spent is love and two eyes wet with weeping.
      But these walk into a shop,
      and their whole lives pass suddenly in that moment,
      in that shop.

      Where did you go? "Nowhere."
      What did you have to eat? "Nothing much."

      Even if you don't know what you want,
      buy something, to be part of the exchanging flow.

      Start a huge, foolish project,
      like Noah.

      It makes absolutely no difference
      what people think of you.

      Rumi

      via Alan Larus

      Seeing the True Nature of Conditions

      The Buddhas teaching points to the fact that all conditions are impermanent. By
      the word "condition" we mean a formation of the mind, such as a thought or
      opinion.

      Men and women are conditions. Similarly, Jews and Gentiles, Buddhists and
      Christians, Asians and Europeans, Africans, the working class, the middle class,
      the upper class; all these are only formations that go through the mind. They
      aren't absolutes. They are merely conventions that are useful for communication.

      We must use these conventions, but we must also realize that they are only
      conventions - not absolutes. In this way, our minds are no longer fixed in our
      views or opinions. Views and opinions are seen simply as conditions that arise and
      cease in the mind, because that's what they really are. All conditions are
      impermanent; they arise and cease.

      ~ Ajahn Sumedho From: 'The Mind and the Way'

      via Tao & Zen on Facebook

      via Mazie Lane

      The key question isn’t 'What fosters creativity?' But it is why in God’s name
      isn’t everyone creative? Where was the human potential lost? How was it
      crippled? I think therefore a good question might be not why do people create?
      But why do people not create or innovate? We have got to abandon that sense of
      amazement in the face of creativity, as if it were a miracle if anybody created
      anything.

      ~ Abraham Maslow

      via The Art of Learning on Facebook

      Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the Universe, a moment that
      will never be again. And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two
      and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. When will we also
      teach them what they are?

      We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel.
      You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another
      child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move.

      You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the
      capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. And when you grow up, can you
      then harm another who is, like you, a marvel? You must work, we must all work,
      to make the world worthy of its children.

      ~ Pablo Picasso

      via Mazie Lane