#4813 - Saturday/Sunday, January 12/13, 2013

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2013

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4813, Saturday/Sunday, January 12/13, 2013

      A monk asked Hogen, "Where do all these forms we call things come from?

      Hogen replied, "Form is born from the not-yet-defined; names originates from the not-yet-mentioned."

      - posted to AdvaitaToZen

      "So I say to you -
      This is how to contemplate our conditioned existence in this fleeting world:

      Like a tiny drop of dew, or a bubble floating in a stream;
      Like a flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
      Or a flickering lamp, an illusion, a phantom, or a dream.

      So is all conditioned existence to be seen."

      Thus spoke Buddha.

      ~From the Diamond Sutra, posted to DailyDharma

      You are Emptiness, the Ultimate substance: remove Emptiness out of Emptiness, it leaves only Emptiness because there is nothing beyond It. All rises from, dances about it, and returns to This. As Ocean rises as a wave to dance so you are this dancing Emptiness! Nothing is out of this Emptiness and so it is the Fullness. Emptiness is between is and is not. To be Free, you need the firm conviction that you are this Substratum, this Peace, this Emptiness.

      - Papaji from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      Sending along a video of a young 'un having a fine time in a mud puddle: and this sorta is the Dharma message: if you see opportunity for joy, just go for it!

      You don't see this deer one pondering if this is the right thing to do or not, if he has time, if he will get dirty, if the other deer ones will approve... And so we... every moment, jumpin' in.. and makin' a spash! Yes, darlin's go for it!

      love,
      Dharma grandmother posted to DailyDharma

      http://youtu.be/xUa3d0sDzuI

      if you distance yourself
      only for an hour
      from your endless thoughts
      what do you think will happen

      if you let yourself sink
      just like a fish
      into the ocean of our love
      what do you think will happen

      you are merely
      a piece of straw
      and we are
      that eternal amber

      if you leap forth
      from your lowly house
      to fuse with the amber
      what do you think will happen

      a hundred times
      you've promised yourself
      to depart from self-claim
      to be humble as earth

      only for once
      if you keep your word
      what do you think will happen

      you're a precious
      hidden diamond
      sunken in the mud

      if you wash away
      all that impurity
      from your gorgeous face
      what do you think will happen

      if you abandon
      for a little while
      your ego and greed
      tear down your shield
      rise with a quest
      to unite with the divine
      what do you think will happen

      - Rumi, Ghazal 844, translated by Nader Khalili, from
      Rumi, Fountain of Fire,  posted to Sunlight