#4812 - Friday, January 11, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
      #4812 - Friday, January 11, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      I talked to Roy Whenary a couple days ago:

      Download/Play link:

      We talk about Roy's teacher Jean Klein, the nonduality teacher scene, putting teachers on a pedestal, depression and its global effect, Amerta Movement and body movement in general, music, the nature of the "nonduality missionary" scene, his spiritual story and the nature of such stories, the tactile sense of being, finding a depth within your body, silence, authenticity as sharing from a depth, feeling and listening, approaching nonduality beyond the ideas of it, the nature of seeking in current times compared to days prior to the internet, having the goal of enlightenment as an acquisition.

      Roy's books are available as free downloads at

      Roy runs the Open Awareness Forum:

      A note on Amerta Movement and Suprapto Suryadarmo

      Suprapto developed Amerta Movement over 25 years ago from his background in Buddhism, Javanese Sumara meditation, martial arts, Being in Nature and watching children playing. Amerta means ‘the Nectar of Life’ so Amerta Movement is the ‘Movement of the Nectar of Life’. Amerta Movement is about something more than ourselves. It is a tool for self awareness and expression, but also a way to become more part of Life itself and ultimately of service to Life Itself.

      As we become more familiar with our own life story, habits and tendencies, we begin to see their blessings and how to use them wisely and skilfully, be less identified with them and more compassionate towards the human condition.

      As we develop our ‘fine-tuning’ we become more sensitive to ourselves, others and our environment. We develop a capacity to move with awareness and honouring of all of these.

      We also free ourselves up from conditioned responses…therefore over time moving more freely and creatively.
      Awareness and expression begin to occur hand in hand.

      Beyond that it is also a form of channelling life, of doing service to something other than our on personal story. In this way it becomes Art, Meditation, Healing, Gardening … or whatever each practitioner has a particular skill to create in the world.