#4808 - Monday, January 7, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2013

      #4808 - Monday, January 7, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      You are Emptiness, the Ultimate substance:
      remove Emptiness out of Emptiness, it leaves
      only Emptiness because there is nothing
      beyond It.  All rises from, dances about it,
      and returns to This.  As Ocean rises as a
      wave to dance so you are this dancing Emptiness!
      Nothing is out of this Emptiness and so it is the
      Fullness.  Emptiness is between is and is not.
      To be Free, you need the firm conviction that you
      are this Substratum, this Peace, this Emptiness.

      ~ Papaji

      "The Truth Is"
      Sri H.W.L. Poonja

      CONTROL OVER APPEARANCES
      Khenpo Tsultrim Gyamsto Rinpoche
      Student: Why does it seem like everybody's somewhat under the control of
      appearances, instead of controlling the appearances?

      KTGR: Actually, having control over appearances does not mean jumping off
      buildings and flying. Rather, it means that you do not cling to appearances as
      they seem to be in the usual worldly way of relating to them. Such appearances
      will not cause you suffering or tie you up once you have gained mastery over
      them through not clinging.

      It is prajna realizing selflessness that frees you from samsara. Through knowing
      appearances to be inseparable from emptiness, you have mastery over them. It is
      not necessary to engage in behavior that is contrary to a mundane way of seeing
      things.

      ~ From the Gradual Path of the Heart of Wisdom, Karme Choling 1995.
      Translated by Michele Martin.
      via Amrita Nadi

      To sink in the loving abyss of divine Presence requires no practice, no belief, no
      information, no thought, no journey. Just observe what it is to be awake.

      ~ Fred LaMotte

      "Your true home is in the here and the now. It is not limited by time, space,
      nationality, or race. Your true home is not an abstract idea. It is something
      you can touch and live in every moment. With mindfulness and concentration,
      the energies of the Buddha, you can find your true home in the full relaxation
      of your mind and body in the present moment."

      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

      Vocation
      by William Stafford

      This dream the world is having about itself
      includes a trace on the plains of the Oregon trail,
      a groove in the grass my father showed us all
      one day while meadowlarks were trying to tell
      something better about to happen.

      I dreamed the trace to the mountains, over the hills,
      and there a girl who belonged wherever she was.
      But then my mother called us back to the car:
      she was afraid; she always blamed the place,
      the time, anything my father planned.

      Now both of my parents, the long line through the plain,
      the meadowlarks, the sky, the world's whole dream
      remain, and I hear him say while I stand between the two,
      helpless, both of them part of me:
      "Your job is to find what the world is trying to be."

      "Vocation" by William Stafford, from The Way It Is.
      © Graywolf Press, 1998.
      via The Writer's Almanac

      Alan Larus Photography (Norway, not the Oregon Trail)

      One or Two Things (excerpt)

      3
      The god of dirt
      came up to me many times and said
      so many wise and delectable things, I lay
      on the grass listening
      to his dog voice,
      crow voice,
      frog voice; now,