#4801 - Monday, December 31, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2012

      #4801 - Monday, December 31, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Best Wishes for the New Year

      May all beings be happy.
      May they be free from suffering.
      May they be at peace.

      He is nearer to you than yourself.
      Why look outside?
      Become like melting snow;
      wash yourself of yourself.

      ~ Rumi

      "Know the world from end to end is a mirror;
      in each atom a hundred suns are concealed.
      If you pierce the heart of a single drop of water,
      from it will flow a hundred clear oceans;
      if you look intently at each speck of dust,
      in it you will see a thousand beings.
      A gnat in its limbs is like an elephant;
      in name a drop of water resembles the Nile.
      In the heart of a barleycorn is stored a hundred harvests.
      Within a millet-seed a world exists.
      In an insects wing is an ocean of life.
      A heaven is concealed in the pupil of an eye.
      The core at the center of the heart is small,
      yet the Lord of both worlds will enter there."

      ~ Mahmud Shabistari

      via Tom McFerran on Facebook

      Throw it away! Whatever you understand is not the truth and it is to be thrown
      overboard. You are trying to catch hold of something and cling to it. Accept, as
      it is, what I am telling you. Don't be carried away by concepts. Don't employ
      any words, and look at yourself as you are. Few people understand what I am
      driving at. You are not paying proper attention, you are talking only after this
      beingness appeared. Before the beingness was there, look at that, be in that
      state. If you dare call me an atheist, remember that I do bhajans four times a
      day.

       ~ Nisargadatta

      via Gary Falk on Facebook

      "Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself in this love.
      When you lose yourself in this love,
      you will find everything.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself.
      Do not fear this loss,
      For you will rise from the earth
      and embrace the endless heavens.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself.
      Escape from this earthly form,
      For this body is a chain
      and you are its prisoner.
      Smash through the prison wall
      and walk outside with the kings and princes.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself at the foot of the glorious King.
      When you lose yourself
      before the King
      you will become the King.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself.
      Escape from the black cloud
      that surrounds you.
      Then you will see your own light
      as radiant as the full moon.

      Now enter that silence.
      This is the surest way
      to lose yourself....

      What is your life about, anyway? -
      Nothing but a struggle to be someone,
      Nothing but a running from your own silence."

      ~ Rumi

      'Rumi - In the Arms of the Beloved'
      Translations by Jonathan Star
      via Amrita Nadi on Daily Dharma

      Those who are confused tell us to annihilate the 'I.' But this only devastates the
      effulgence of delight. It is not I who dissolve but the sense of do-ership, the
      illusory link between the I and action, Purusha and Prakriti.

      When the thought that 'I am the do-er' vanishes, I remain as the Wonderfull
      Witness, while action dances on, 1000 times more dynamic, spontaneous, and
      innocent.

      This is not an esoteric meditation: it is the experience of the warrior in the
      midst of battle, the athlete at the peak of performance, the lover in the zone of
      what she loves.

      O heart, rest in stillness at the center of whirling!

      ~ Fred LaMotte on Facebook

      Alan Larus Photography

      Nor is our life a logic of references...

      When [British poet] A.E. Housman writes that ”poetry is not the thing said but a
      way of saying it,” and when he states again “that the intellect is not the fount of
      poetry, that it may actually hinder its production, and that it cannot even be
      trusted to recognize poetry when it is produced,” he is no more than reaffirming
      and lucidly formulating the first axiom of all creative art – whether it be in
      poetry, music, dance, architecture, painting, or sculpture – which is, namely, that
      art is not, like science, a logic of references but a release from reference and
      rendition of immediate experience; a presentation of forms, images, or ideas in
      such a way that they will communicate, not primarily a thought or even a feeling,
      but an impact.

      ~ Joseph Campbell, Primitive Mythology, p.41-42
      via One Heart Zen on Facebook

      Nahko Bear (Medicine for the People) ღ Aloha Ke Akua

      Click on "About" for lyrics to song.

      "Aloha Ke Akua" Music by Nahko (Medicine for the People) - 2012
      Video by Nino Canino on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/user/SailinJerry
      Visual production by The Mates Group for Estrellas Del Bicentario.