#4798 - Friday, December 28, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2012

      #4798 - Friday, December 28, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Mark your calendar. Mandee and I will be hosting a radio show this Sunday, December 30, from 1:00PM EST to as late as 4:00PM.
      You may listen at http://ckdu.ca
      We might be taking calls from listeners if the technology allows us to. Updates will be posted to my Facebook page:
      What will talk about? We'll play clips from sages and interviews, music, talk about whatever. It'll be a free spirited nonduality show.

      John Prendergast's latest issue of Undivided Journal is amazingly rich. Take a look, or visit the Journal here:

      Volume 1, Number 3: Table of Contents

      Here's a selection from

      Bringing Our Togetherness Back to Life

      By Jeannie Zandi

      In nondual circles we talk a lot about our “conditioning,” but what is it? In psychology, it is “a process of changing behavior by rewarding or punishing a subject each time an act is performed until the subject associates the action with pleasure or distress.” (dictionary.reference.com) What we are left with after the completion of our extensive social conditioning process is large areas where our behavior is unconsciously seeking pleasure or avoiding distress instead of expressing the truth of our being. And despite its occasional and generally short-term benefits (getting pats or avoiding whacks), it turns out the result of this behavior is suffering, as we get further and further away from leading simple, present-centered, truth-filled lives from our natural state, and become more and more unconsciously invested in our pleasure-seeking/distress-avoiding strategies, while we watch them fail.

      We don’t suffer because of our relationships – we suffer because of our disconnection from the Real. And there is nothing better to distract us from the search for the Real than the promise that some object out there is finally going to make us happy. As long as we are living predominantly through unconscious concepts and the acquisition of objects, we are putting our attention on conditioned pseudo-reality versus actual reality, and perpetuating our suffering. Attempting to relate to another human being through one’s relationship concept is a dead-end street in terms of joy, fulfillment and intimacy.

      ~ ~ ~

      Read the full article here: http://undividedjournal.com/?p=912&preview=true

      Sneak preview of interview with Anamika just uploaded here:

      We talk about very little. Unknowing. Untalking. What enlightenment is. The cheese made in Auroville, where she lives. The nature of interviews, teachers and teaching.