#4797 - Thursday, December 27, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2012

      #4797 - Thursday, December 27, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone.
      Because it shines, the whole world is full of light.

      ~ Sri Ramana Maharshi

      Thy sunshine smiles upon the winter days of my heart,
      never doubting of its spring flowers.

      ~ Tagore

      by Alan Larus

      If we remove all the rubbish, all the thoughts, from our minds,
      the peace will become manifest. That which is obstructing the
      peace has to be removed. Peace is the only reality.

      ~ Ramana Maharshi

      When you look at what is happening to our world—and it is hard to look at what
      is happening to our water, our air, our trees, our fellow species—it becomes
      clear that unless you have some roots in a spiritual practice that holds life
      sacred and encourages joyful communion with all your fellow beings, facing the
      enormous challenges ahead becomes nearly impossible.

      ~ Joanna Macy: World as Lover, World as Self

      When you expand your vision and awareness, you see that you are a part of
      everybody. If people around you are suffering, you do not simply shut your eyes
      and say, 'I'll be really happy.' The subtler you go and the more refined you are,
      you feel for everyone in the world. You start feeling for trees, animals and
      plants as well. You begin to care for the environment."

      ~Sri Sri Ravi Shankar)

      We must never permit the voice of humanity within us to be silenced.
      It is man's sympathy with all creatures that first makes him truly a man.

      ~ Albert Schweitzer

      Dogs emanate a goodness that people respond to. One of the joys of walking your
      dog is often people come up to you and immediately their hearts open. They are
      not interested in you, of course. They want to pat your dog.

      ~ Eckhart Tolle, Guardians of Being

      The hope for the animals of tomorrow is to be found in a human culture which
      learns to feel beyond itself. We must learn empathy, we must learn to see into
      the eyes of an animal and feel that its life has value because it is alive. Nothing
      else will do.

      ~ Kenneth White

      I was sad one day and went for a walk; I sat in a field. A rabbit noticed my
      condition and came near. It often does not take more than that to help: just to
      be close to creatures who are so full of knowing, so full of love that they don't
      chat, they just gaze with their marvelous understanding.

      ~ St. John of the Cross

      "Every single creature is full of God, and is a book about God. Every creature
      is a word of God. If I spend enough time with the tiniest creature, even a
      caterpillar, I would never have to prepare a sermon, so full of God is every
      creature."

      ~ Meister Eckhart, 14th C .Christian mystic