#4794 - Monday, December 24, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2012

      #4794 - Monday, December 24, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "We are celebrating the feast of the Eternal Birth which God the Father has
      borne and never ceases to bear in all eternity... But if it takes not place in me,
      what avails it? Everything lies in this, that it should take place in me."

      ~ Meister Eckhart

      Love so vast, love the sky cannot contain. How does all this fit inside my heart?
      ~ Rumi

      via Wayne Ferguson on Facebook

      "God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
      (First Letter of John).

      via Harsha Luther on Facebook

      In this moment – for you, right now – there is a clear
      light of awareness in which everything is appearing.
      It is what you are. You are that! It is free, totally
      unobscured, full and complete. Christ said, 'I am the
      light of the world'. You, as that awareness, can say
      the same thing. Separation from that is a total illusion.
      It never happened, except in imagination. It is based
      on a 'me' that never existed. It is just a wrong idea.

      ~ John Wheeler

      Awakening to the Natural State
      via Along The Way

      "This place where you are right now, God circled

      on a map for you,

      the Beloved bowed there knowing you were coming.

      I could tell you a priceless secret

      about your real worth, dear seeker,

      but any unkindness to yourself, any confusion

      about others, will keep one from accepting the grace,

      the love, the sublime freedom Divine Knowledge

      always offers you.

      I have already clearly woven a resplendent lock of

      His tresses as a remarkable gift in this verse for you.

      This place where you are right now, God circled

      on a map. And the Beloved bowed there knowing,

      knowing you were coming."

      — Hafiz/ Ladinsky

      Nativity

      By Li-Young Lee
      (1957 - )

      In the dark, a child might ask, What is the world?
      just to hear his sister
      promise, An unfinished wing of heaven,
      just to hear his brother say,
      A house inside a house,
      but most of all to hear his mother answer,
      One more song, then you go to sleep.

      How could anyone in that bed guess
      the question finds its beginning
      in the answer long growing
      inside the one who asked, that restless boy,
      the night's darling?

      Later, a man lying awake,
      he might ask it again,
      just to hear the silence
      charge him, This night
      arching over your sleepless wondering,

      this night, the near ground
      every reaching-out-to overreaches,

      just to remind himself
      out of what little earth and duration,
      out of what immense good-bye,

      each must make a safe place of his heart,
      before so strange and wild a guest
      as God approaches.

      -- from Book of My Nights, by Li-Young Lee