#4787 - Saturday, December 15, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4787, Saturday, December 15, 2012

      A LAYPERSON'S PRAYER TO CHENREZIG
      Including the Prayer of St. Francis

      Bodhisattva Avalokiteshavara, Chenrezig,
      Great Lord of Compassion, hear my ardent plea:

      See me in my lowliness. How can I help others?
      I can barely take care of my family, or myself.
      How can I relieve the suffering of the world?

      With your aid, perhaps I can begin simply
      With each person I meet.

      Make me, then, an instrument of your
      Compassion, a channel of your peace.
      Where there is hatred, let us sow love.

      Let my love be indiscriminate, for even
      Those who do me harm, or threaten the
      Stability of my world.

      Where there is injury, let me sow pardon.
      Help me to let go of ill-will against any "enemy"
      Who is someone who wants to be happy and
      Avoid pain, just as I do.

      O Lord of Loving-Kindness, where there is Darkness,
      Let me bring light. I cannot
      Destroy the evil in the world, but with
      Your help, may I lighten the dark of any
      Sorrow I see. Where there is sadness,
      May I bring joy!

      I ask you, O Lord of Love, to please help me
      Think of others more than myself:

      May I not so much seek to be consoled,
      As to console; To be understood,
      As to understand; To be loved, as to love.

      In your Great Compassion, please open
      My heart so I will truly know:

      It is in giving, that we receive;
      It is in pardoning, that we are pardoned, and
      It is in dying to self, that we realize the Deathless.

      O Embodiment of the Compassion of All the Buddhas,
      Whose 1,000 arms dredge the depths of samsara
      Tirelessly bringing solace to All who call your name,
      May I realize that in our True Nature, there is no
      Difference between us.

      Then, from the depths of my lowly being,
      May I join the great Bodhisattvas to offer
      This final prayer:

      May I remain in samsara until my loved ones,
      My friends, my enemies, until all sentient beings
      Have been relieved of suffering, and know
      Your Unchanging Peace.

      Om Mani Padme Hum!
      Om Mani Padme Hum!
      Om Mani Padme Hum.

      - dharma grandmother, posted to DailyDharma