#4781 - Saturday/Sunday, December 8/9, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4781, Saturday/Sunday, December 8/9, 2012

      All of us are watchers - of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway - -but few are observers. Everyone is looking, not many are seeing.

      - Peter M. Leschak, posted to SufiMystic

      To be aware is to be awake. Unaware means asleep. You are aware anyhow, you need not try to be. What you need is to be aware of being aware. Be aware deliberately and consciously, broaden and deepen the field of awareness. You are always conscious of the mind, but you are not aware of yourself as being conscious.

      'I' was the same 'I' fifty years ago or five hundred years ago or even before time ever was, and 'I' shall be the same fifty years hence or five hundred years hence or even after time ceases to be. While time passes by, 'I' am forever unchanged.

      Don't think.
      Don't get lost in your thoughts.
      Your thoughts are a veil on the face of the Moon.
      That Moon is your heart,
      and those thoughts cover your heart.
      So let them go.
      Just let them fall into the water.

      - Rumi Quatrain 83, version by Jonathan Star and Shahram Shiva from A Garden Beyond Paradise, posted to Sunlight