#4779 - Thursday, December 6, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2012

      #4779 - Thursday, December 6, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      However deep your
      Knowledge of the scriptures,
      It is no more than a strand of hair
      In the vastness of space;
      However important appears
      Your worldly experience,
      It is but a drop of water in a deep ravine.
      ~ Tokusan
      via Zen Poems, Haiku, and Writings on Facebook

      6. Anyone who seeks total Enlightenment should discard not only all
      conceptions of their own selfhood, of other selves, or of a universal self,
      but they should also discard all notions of the non-existence of such
      When the Buddha explains these things using such concepts and ideas,
      people should remember the unreality of all such concepts and ideas.
      They should recall that in teaching spiritual truths the Buddha always
      uses these concepts and ideas in the way that a raft is used to cross a
      river. Once the river has been crossed over, the raft is of no more use,
      and should be discarded. These arbitrary concepts and ideas about
      spiritual things need to be explained to us as we seek to attain
      Enlightenment. However, ultimately these arbitrary conceptions can be
      discarded. Think Subhuti, isn't it even more obvious that we should also
      give up our conceptions of non-existent things?
      (Diamond Sutra)

      Doing, or not doing,
      Both come from not knowing.
      Knowing this fully,
      I am here.

      Of what is beyond thinking
      Is still thinking.
      I gave up thinking,
      And I am here.
      Whoever fulfills this
      Fulfills his own nature
      And is indeed fulfilled.
      ~ Ashtavakra Gita (12.6-8)
      photo by Alan Larus

      The perfume of true life
      is right in your nose.
      There is nothing you can do
      to perceive it
      and yet you must do something.

      I say:
      Rest and be taken.
      Rest and be taken.
      ~ Adyashanti, from 'My Secret is Silence'
      photo by Alan Larus

      What is it to be admitted to a museum, to see a myriad of particular things,
      compared with being shown some star’s surface, some hard matter in its home! I
      stand in awe of my body, this matter to which I am bound has become so strange
      to me…Talk of mysteries!–Think of our life in nature,–daily to be shown matter,
      to come in contact with it, rocks, trees, wind on our cheeks! The solid earth! The
      actual world! The common sense! Contact! Contact! Who are we? Where are we?
      ~ Henry David Thoreau
      photo by Alan Larus

      Watch over 400 of the best social change documentaries free to watch
      online, all via one massive wall of films on a single page.
      One click beyond this magical wall of films, everything has been
      cataloged and sorted into 42 different learning themes and is searchable
      and sortable by highest rated, most viewed, and newest added.