#4776 - Monday, December 3, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2012

      #4776 - Monday, December 3, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      We rarely hear the inward music, but we're all dancing to it nevertheless.

      ~ Rumi

      Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth
      find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.

      ~ Rachel Carson

      photo by Alan Larus

      I am a book of snow,
      a spacious hand, an open meadow,
      a circle that waits.
      I belong to the Earth & its winter.

      ~ Pablo Neruda (1904 - 1973)

      Those who see worldly life as an obstacle to Dharma see no Dharma in everyday actions.
      They have not yet discovered that there are no everyday actions outside of Dharma.

      ~ Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

      via Daily Dharma by Robert Cooper

      How long has it been since I came to this place?
      With no one to tend them, the grounds have run wild
      My begging bag and bowl just sit gathering dust
      A solitary lantern lights the bare walls
      Evening rain patters on my lonely door

      Every detail is complete
      Ah! What else is there that I need?

      - Ryokan

      via Zen Poems, Haiku & Writings on Facebook

      I have long believed that we have incredibly interesting readers, and once in a
      while one will prove me right. Gail Storey has videos, a blog, and books linking
      nonduality with nature. She sent a fantastic video of her recent adventures.

      From her blog:

      Hiking the 2,663-mile Pacific Crest Trail, Porter and I were shaken to the core
      by how everything is in constant flux– weather, terrain, our bodies, feelings,
      thoughts, the trail itself.

      Later, paragliding in New Zealand, we gave ourselves over to the winds of
      change.

      See how in our video:

      http://video214.com/play/c4e3nLgOu0HhQXOCOXuCDQ/s/dark

      "Our digital technologies, from devices to social media, reflect our longing to
      connect. They’re not an end but a means to relatedness with each other and the
      world. For a direct connection unmediated by technology, listen to the wind, feel
      the bark of a tree, look into the sky or into the eyes of another. Fall silent.
      That’s nature."

      I Promise Not To Suffer
      A Fool for Love Hikes the Pacific Crest Trail

      You can pre-order I PROMISE NOT TO SUFFER: A Fool for Love Hikes the Pacific Crest Trail here:

      http://www.mountaineersbooks.org/I-Promise-Not-To-Suffer-P1108.aspx