#4772 - Thursday, November 29, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2012

      #4772 - Thursday, November 29, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”

      ~ Pablo Picasso

      Wherever the Footprint is found,
      that handful of dust holds
      the oneness of worlds.
      This earth, burnished
      by hearing the Name,
      is so certain of Love

      That the sky bends
      unceasingly down,
      to greet its own
      light.

      ~ Ghalib

      photo by Alan Larus

      Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist."

      ~ René Magritte

      René Magritte. "The False Mirror." 1928

      You use a glass mirror to see your face ; you use works of art to see your soul.

      ~ G B Shaw

      "Nobody sees a flower... it is so small it takes time... to see takes time, like to
      have a friend takes time."

      ~ Georgia O'Keeffe

      "It is difficult to get the news from poems, yet men die miserably every day for
      lack of what is found there."

      ~ William Carlos Williams

      a birdsong can even, for a moment,
      make the whole world into a sky within us,

      because we feel that the bird does not distinguish between
      its heart and the world’s.

      ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

      That is why the bird sings its songs into the world as though
      it were singing into its inner self,

      that’s why we take a birdsong into our own inner selves so easily,

      it seems to us that we translate it fully, with no remainder,
      into our feelings;