#4771 - Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012
      #4771 - Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Kelly Kilrea

      writes in Facebook,

      What an incredible, exacting, and inspired description of who we are. This is one of the very best presentations I have ever seen.

      TED talk from Thandie Newton:

      Here are some quotations:

      "How many times would my self have to die before I realized it was not real in the first place?"

      "That nagging dread of self-hurt didn't exist when I was dancing. I'd literally lose my self."

      "I still believed my self was all there was. ... Look at the industry for self-image and  the jobs it creates. ... The self is a projection which our clever brains create in order to cheat ourselves from the reality of death."

      "I honestly believe the key to my success as an actor and my very progress as a person has been the very lack of self that used to make me feel so anxious and insecure."

      "Here's a note to self: The cracks have started to show in our constructed world."

      "We're not living with each other. Our crazy selves are living with each other and perpetuating an epidemic of disconnection. ... Let's not be freaked out by our bountiful nothingness."