#4760 - Thursday, November 15, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16 11:03 AM

      #4760 - Thursday, November 15, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The heart is comforted by true words,
      just as a thirsty man is comforted by water.
      ~ Rumi
      Version by Camille and Kabir Helminski
      "Rumi: Jewels of Remembrance"
      via Along The Way

      Bright but hidden, the Self dwells in the heart.
      Everything that moves, breathes, opens and closes, lives in the Self.
      This is the source of Love, and may be known through Love, but not through
      thought alone.
      ~ Mundaka Upanishad

      Self is the indweller of all Beings,
      so love of others is Love of Self, your Self.
      Self is the greatest Love and the dearest of all lovers.
      Love is the attraction of Self to Self in Self.
      There is nothing besides this Love, this source of Joy.
      See your own beauty and you are this Indweller, this Love
      and the beauty itself.
      ~ Papaji

      "Innately, another form of wisdom--gnosis, transcendence, and wise
      unselfishness--is within us all. The ultimate form of wisdom is not something we
      do; it is our true nature and being. It isn't just knowledge, but it is more like
      our luminous pure authentic inner being. Can we tune into that? Can we trust
      that? That awareness is transcendental wisdom. We may or may not have a
      formal religious or spiritual affiliation. Most religious groups have only been
      around a few thousand years. But being itself--that mystical sacrament, that
      mysterious and sacred space, or infinite expanse of spirit--has been around much
      longer. Primordial being is what we call it in the Dzogchen tradition."
      ~ Lama Surya Das
      From "Awakening the Buddha Within," published by Broadway Books.

      One is all; all are one.
      When you realize this,
      what reason for holiness or wisdom?
      Xinxin Ming

      Trees are sanctuaries. Whoever knows how to speak to them,
      whoever knows how to listen to them, can learn the truth.
      They do not preach learning and precepts,
      they preach undeterred by particulars, the ancient law of life.
      ~ Hermann Hesse
      by Alan Larus

      "We could learn to stop when the sun goes down and when the sun comes up. We
      could learn to listen to the wind; we could learn to notice that it’s raining or
      snowing or hailing or calm. We could reconnect with the weather that is ourselves,
      and we could realize that it’s sad. The sadder it is, and the vaster it is, the more
      our heart opens. We can stop thinking that good practice is when it’s smooth and
      calm, and bad practice is when it’s rough and dark. If we can hold it all in our
      hearts, then we can make a proper cup of tea."
      ~ Pema Chodron
      by Alan Larus

      Ride on love and don’t worry about the road!
      Because the steed of love has the smoothest ride.
      ~ Rumi

      It is LOVE
      that holds everything together,
      and it is the everything also.
      ~ Rumi

      Meeting the Light Completely

      Even the long-beloved
      was once
      an unrecognized stranger.
      Just so,
      the chipped lip
      of a blue-glazed cup,
      blown field
      of a yellow curtain,
      might also,
      flooding and falling,
      ruin your heart.
      A table painted with roses.
      An empty clothesline.
      Each time,
      the found world surprises—
      that is its nature.
      And then
      what is said by all lovers:
      "What fools we were, not to have seen."
      by Jane Hirshfield,
      from The October Palace. © Harper Perennial, 1994.