Wednesday, September 20

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2000
      there are no enlightened beings
      or unenlightened beings
      there is only this unspeakable

      true masters don't exist

      It isn't the divine that is dangerous.
      It's Reality that is dangerous.

      When there is No-thing to be worshipped,
      that is dangerous.

      Don't ask me dangerous to whom, I don't know.

      I just know that what we worship
      is our self.
      With No-thing to worship, where are we?

      --Dan Berkow

      Did you ever hear about Avatar? The awareness tools
      invented from Harry Palmer? Where the "I" realized being
      source itself and starts creating out of this standpoint? I
      am so happy to have found these devine tools. Through using
      them in my daily life, a lot of answers start coming to me.
      First they help me to stop unneccassary suffering which I
      only create when I resist what is (what "I" as God created
      in the first place, but forgot that "I" ordered it in the
      universe, and the universe-waiter delivers every order
      made...., it maybe another concept for "karma").

      As long as I just feel how it feels, suffering stops!

      The labeling, the jugdement, the resistance towards what is
      changes pure experiencing into suffering. This is what I
      found out. So my ability to simply feel what is, is a magic
      key to just being God and experiencing God in everything
      there is, also in dark aspects of life if this is what "I"
      wanted to experience. AVATAR supports the responsibility in
      life very much.

      With my words: When I am God and all is God, so "I" as God
      created everything. So God is, that means "I" am
      responsible for it. To not realize this, to forget this
      creates pain and resistance. To realize this gives the
      power also to change it, to let things after feeling them,
      dissolve and create a "better" world. God is able to, isn`t

      I believe that the way of realisation is only through the
      wounds. It is through feeling. Yes so I can agree with you
      there. There are wounds in me which are open. For me
      healing can only start when the wounds are open.

      Yes not everybody got killed who told the truth but many.
      What I wanted to say with this statement is that it is
      taking the risk.

      My believe is that life is only worth living when I can
      live on the razors edge. It is a life in full
      responsibility to myself and others (do not say there are
      no others). Osho has spoken often about this world and
      mirrored what is done to this planet in our sleepiness. We
      are on the way to destroy it.

      Bruce compassion has brought me on this way and I cannot
      say more to it.

      The funny thing about some of these masters that you speak
      of particularly here, Shree Rajneesh and Shree Da Free
      John, is that a master will often do things to mirror back
      to the disciples the insanity that they believe in. They've
      taken the false to be the real. My bet is that the Master's
      job is not an easy one. There's a lot of things that they
      have to do that personally they would prefer just to remain
      quiet and not bother anyone. They just get on with their
      life. But a deep deep compassion brings them here to do the

      Through these actions of the Masters, what they evoke for
      us deeply is our self-importance. They offend us
      collectively, how much investment we have in our

      It's like our own self-importance is our greatest enemy. It
      continually keeps us weak in feeling "offended" by the
      actions or mis-actions of what we consider right and wrong
      by others. The only trouble is...that our self-importance
      means that we have to spend the rest of our time living in
      our day to day life living offended by someone else.

      Self-importance, our self-importance, this is what this is
      all about isn't it...?

      I got never a mala around my neck, but what I percieve
      through Osho is eternal love and the input and work in
      consciousness he initiated and brought forward is of
      immense value for the evolutionary development on this
      planet. The teaching represented from Osho brought in my
      life very much understanding, constantly questioning and
      exploring my concepts, conditionings and unspeakable bliss
      and love. The gratitude for the self doing work in
      consciousness and awaken people from the trance is eternal,
      regardless its manifested form.

      the Master for me is One. Mastering in different forms
      through different Masters - one of them was Osho - very
      high teaching. Waygiver for my light or Lightgiver for my
      way. Forever thankful. And even if I would defend the form
      of Osho itself - the humanness, or body-mind- structure.
      Whatever any Buddha brings to this "world" is the greatest
      gift ever. Maybe many of us have forgotten the time when we
      were so identified and stuck without hope in our little
      lives - and maybe billions of people are still in this
      state in this world. I would wish them all to experience
      this gift of Love and Light which I had experienced at that
      time. Thank you and Gratefulness to all these Masters.

      Dear Friends,

      A True master will only point to your own Inner Beauty that
      You Are. Whether for you that master is Ramana, Lao Tzu,
      Adi Da, Rajneesh/Osho, Lalla it does not matter. All of
      these Masters are my brothers and sisters. And Brothers and
      Sisters play and know it to be play. Do not take the play
      to heart.

      To Know our Own Serenity and Tranquility, we must not be
      attached to words and concepts. Understand the True and
      Pure Teaching of the Masters. Be not attached to the form
      of the Master. No Genuine Master would want that. The True
      Master Loves you too much to desire worship or

      Know the Reality to be Your Own Consciousness. Pure and

      I wish for everyone Peace, Love, Joy, Serenity, and
      Fullness of Awareness. Like the Moon in full bloom lightens
      up the night sky, may your Pure Mind make your journey
      joyful. And may the Sun of Suns make you see that your
      Heart is Already Radiant and Bright and has Always Been.

      Dear fellow member,

      the social construction of enlightenment is very well known
      in the spiritial lineage. Without disciple, there would be
      no master. Obvious. Enlightenment would not exist without
      no-one to watch it, and to give it a name. This also means,
      that the concepts of enlightenment are bound to change
      according to the lineage you belong to, and according to
      the century you are born in. In germany we have the tale of
      Kaspar Hauser. Maybe you have heard of him. Kaspar Hauser
      grew up in a dark prison. He came out finally with an adult
      body, but with the mind of a child. The difference to a
      child was, that his mind was fixed. He could not learn to
      speak for example. He had some capacities, even spiritual
      powers, but was never able to become adult. He had no-one
      to watch, to interact with. He could not experience
      duality, to develop his mind to the wonderful tool it is
      for us. He had no-mind experiences but was not conscious
      about them.

      Also the laws of nature are constructed, as are science,
      mathematics, mind and anger. Construction is constructed.
      There is nothing spiritual about this.

      SANDEEP: And what does "realized" mean for you?

      JUDI: ****** I look at it like a gift, a gift of
      understanding, of being able to see. Being able to walk
      thru life like a dream. Outside of space and time and it's
      perfectly still and it's always here. This is where I live.

      SANDEEP: With an "affirmer-me" still around to affirm, has
      anything happened as yet?

      JUDI:**** Well, it's like the song, Amazing Grace, I was
      blind, but now I see.

      SANDEEP: A dew drop, dropping, merging with the Ocean,
      affirming it has merged with the Ocean, I wonder has the
      merging taken place as yet?

      JUDI: ****** I don't look at it like a merging of anything.
      I call it understanding, presence.

      Dear Elly, I was touched by your response to my email about
      shame and apartheid. Like you, I feel it is paramount to
      work on ourselves. It is all very well to bask in the
      notion that "I am one" but this "I" comes in a very
      problematic package called the human bodymind. To connect
      with God and oneness I believe we have to go down through
      the blood, sweat and tears of humanness. Regarding the
      work, I have been contemplating the role of grief in
      spiritual life. One of the reasons that my shame about my
      participation in apartheid has not fully healed, I believe,
      is that I have not grieved enough. Who would want to open
      those floodgates? I don't mean to make myself sound
      special. My understanding is that we all have tons of
      denied grief, just in day to day living, regardless of our
      backgrounds. What grieving I have done - I have grieved
      over my highhanded treatment of black nannies who loved me
      - has helped me to connect with my heart and my compassion,
      and thereby with God. Like you, I love Rumi. Here is a poem
      I love

      Blood must flow, he said,
      For the garden to flower,
      And the heart that loves me,
      Is a wound without a shield.

      Synchronistically yesterday I heard that great buddhist
      teacher Stephen Levine speaking about doing the work on
      ourselves. "Do you have anything better to do than this
      work?" he asked. No Stephen, I haven't. With love and
      thanks from Betty Barlow

      While I was away from the computer this evening I looked at
      this 'split' I recognized today....this incongruiety I'd
      been carrying....and could see how perfect it was.

      I have such a sense of it all being 'in divine order'.

      I was 'split' as a child, and have recognized for some time
      the beauty of that experience.....how perfect it was that
      one part of me 'split' away from the rest...

      only later to be reunited.

      I had the same sense today of how perfect it was for me to
      don the mask of 'invulnerability'.....as just one more tool
      (unconscious as it was) to assist me in my efforts to break
      away from 'the group mind', 'group ethics' and to tap
      dancing to other people's music.

      It was an exercise which showed me that even though I may
      have left the 'club', the 'club' never left me.

      More importantly, It reminded me of what I had already
      discovered 10 years ago, which was: to be vulnerable....to
      be totally open to whatever comes my way....is to move from
      a world once seen as black and white to a world full of

      It's as if taste buds have returned, and I'm once again
      free to taste a full range of flavors.

      Being 'vulnerable'.....whether it's the experience of a
      broken heart, or that of lighthearted delight....is to be
      fully, gratefully, wholeheartedly alive.

      All this bantering about projecting out and seeing one
      stuff as in another or seeing the split in oneself has
      validity on one level but on another it doesn't.

      As one begins to see how one has constricted ones mind and
      sees how one has projected internal motivations onto the
      other guy, then often this too gets projected onto the
      other guy. You see what I mean? We now accuse the other guy
      of projecting his/her stuff onto us cause we are in the
      very moment doing just that thing and projecting it onto
      the other guy. I agree. This is a split that one can
      feel/see in oneself.

      There does come a point however, where one is not split and
      is whole and unified. There is no split then and it is true
      to say that I am not split.

      If you are split you are split. That does not automatically
      make everyone else split and lying if they say they are

      I noticed when consciously breathing that the IN-breath
      slowly expands to a point of fullness without discomfort.
      At first it seemed as if my energy-body was being lifted
      with the in-breath into a 'vacuum'. My eyes (being open)
      seemed to change its focus so that things "outside" me
      became a scene in perfect stillness without a "me" seeing

      With the OUT-breath (at first) the energy-body seemed to be
      gravitating back to its former "position", but feeling more
      integrated and energized by events in the in-breath. All
      thought had ceased.

      After a few cycles of this breathing the energy-body seemed
      not to be rising and falling. There was no movement only
      peace and boundless being.

      I suppose if this breathing could be maintained there would
      no longer be a "me", nothing but boundless being. Hmm...its
      great to be 'here' for a breath of fresh air...with or
      without the "me" to whiff it. :-)

      DAVID: Greetings Gene! While I defer to Sri Pneumananda,
      the originator of the Boundless Breathing SeminarĀ©, in all
      things breath, I offer my own comments below:

      GENE: Greetings David,

      Perhaps as Master Breather, you could give me some advice.

      The other day, I was breathing. Not just breathing, but
      also counting my inbreaths and outbreaths. Well, I noticed
      that I was breathing 'out', more than I was breathing 'in'.
      In other words, there turned out to be more outbreaths than

      I have ben worried about this ever since. I feel I am
      somehow shortchanging myself, that I am breathing out more
      than in. If this unfortunate trend continues, I will only
      be able to breath out.

      As Master of Breath, what advice can you give me, to remedy
      this situation?

      Thanks in advance,

      Gene Poole

      DAVID: Thanks for asking! Sorry it took a while for me to
      reply, I have been putting together some material on the
      avatar Johnny Salami for Jerry. Due to other circumstances,
      I have had to defer that effort for tomorrow.

      The in-breath, the pause, and the out-breath of course
      correspond to the Hindu trinity of Brahma, the creator (the
      in-breath), Vishnu, the sustainer (the pause between), and
      Shiva, the destroyer (the out-breath).

      These phases of the breath also constitute the great
      crystal clock of the Universe, beating out the rhythm of
      appearance, manifestation, and disappearance that,
      unperceived by most, are responsible the construction of
      "reality" by our gross physical senses. This corresponds to
      the crystal clocks that beat time for our computers. As in
      modern multitasking computers, where in the imperceptible
      intervals of these ticks, context switches occur with
      blinding speed, so that many programs appear to be running
      "all at once".

      Since you have noticed, oh gifted one, that your in-breaths
      are fewer than your out-breaths, it might occur to you that
      what is happening is that your perception of "reality" is
      getting out of phase. But fear not, these "missing" parts
      of the great clock-beat are indeed there, but in other
      contexts being switched in and out of your Display (to use
      your infectious terminology).

      These other contexts are complete Display fields that
      "seem" to be the reality of other persons in other times
      and even other places. And so, your missing phase might
      actually be part of MY context, or of you in a previous or
      future lifetime, or of some Ganymeadean slime mold
      somewhere far far away.

      By paying attention (which I know you are really good at
      doing) you might be able to shift phases into one of these
      other switched contexts and suddenly inhabit the perceptual
      field of, oh, some Olympic gymnast in the midst of a
      difficult balance beam exercise, or of a politician in the
      process of calling a reporter an asshole, or of Julius
      Caesar in the process of being assassinated. You never

      The method for shifting phases is known in shamanic
      traditions as "moving the assemblage point." Basically, you
      focus in the heart center and then, metaphorically, step
      two or three inches to the left. Easy, huh?!!!

      It used to bother me that, despite the fact that I realized
      that there is, in truth, "no self", there still seemed to
      be an attachment of the awareness masquerading as "David
      Hodges" to this particular bio/conscious unit in this
      particular time and place, until I realized that the
      context switching that occurs in the intervals of the
      breath actually provided enough "time" for awareness to be
      attached to EVERY bio/conscious unit on the planet, indeed
      in the universe, in every time and place.

      The way that reality contexts can overlay each other and
      bleed into one another has been extensively documented by
      the great Philip K. Dick, as in our mutually favored text,

      But I'm sure you know all this, honored sir.

      References and notes:

      "Modern Vedic Psychophysics" at

      "Therefore they say, 'the breath is Vayu (God of the wind),
      seed is breath; seed comes into being first when man comes
      into existence.' In that he recites a triplet to Vishnu,
      thus he makes his breath perfect...Where there is
      expiration, there is inspiration; in that he recites a
      triplet to Indra and Vayu, thus his expiration and
      inspiration he makes perfect." - from the Aitareya Brahmana
      quoted by David Frawley in _Gods, Sages and Kings: Vedic
      Secrets of Ancient Civilization_.

      "We have a closed universe that forms an elongated hollow
      torus. Encased within this torus is an inner torus of
      protospace...our psyches, which contain all our knowledge,
      expand periodically into that space for a very short period
      of time at practically infinite velocities. The the human
      psyches form an interference pattern with psyches of all
      other consciousnesses in the universe." Itzhak Bentov,
      _Stalking the Wild Pendulum: On the Mechanics of

      "What appears to occur is that the identification with the
      body by the created I-dentities form an internal universe,
      which, like a galaxy of stars, planets, and cosmic dust,
      seem to evolve around what the I-dentities perceive as a
      Black Hole which is actually within the body. It is this
      Black Hole which is paradoxically the gateway into
      Essence...the Sufi school of the Fourth way talks of the
      mid-point...the gap or space that occurs as one emotion or
      thought changes into another [or as an in-breath changes
      into an out-breath]...the mid-point is what is called
      self-remembering and is where self-remembering can take
      place. In the work of G.I. Gurdjieff, attention is split at
      the mid-point and one can wake up out of the sleep of
      identification with a particular state of
      consciousness...this mid-point is often experienced as pure
      quiet - nothingness." Stephen Wolinksky, _The Tao of Chaos_

      Falling into the Gap,

      We are the Nonduality Generation.