#4751 - Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2012
      #4751 - Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      I've posted a second audio interview with Unmani here:

      The interview was done a year ago for a book that never manifested, and is posted with Unmani's knowledge.

      If you're interested, check out Unmani's online Skype retreat:

      Scott Kiloby in Providence, RI Dec. 3-9, 2012

      Registration, scholarship, or other questions, please e-mail Bart at scottkilobytalks@...

      Venues:

      Monday Evening, Dec. 3, 7-9 PM: Rhode Island College Adams Library -Fortes Room
      600 Mt Pleasant Ave, Providence, RI 02908
      Google Maps Link

      Wednesday Evening, Dec. 5, 7-9 PM: Walker Center, 144 Hancock St., Newton, MA 02466
      Google Maps Link

      Friday-Sunday, Dec. 7-9: The Providence Institute, 18 Imperial Place -6A, Providence, RI 02903 Google Maps Link

      Times & Ticket Prices:
      Monday: 7:00-9:00 pm - FREE and Open to the Public
      Wednesday: 7:00-9:00 pm - $20-25 (sliding scale- pay as you can afford)
      Friday: 7:00-9:00 pm - $20-25 (sliding scale- pay as you can afford)
      Saturday: 10:00am-5:00pm - $70 (in Advance) / $80 (at-the-door)
      Sunday: 10:00am-1:00pm - $30 (in Advance) / $40 (at-the-door)

      Contact: For questions about the venue and locale, please contact Julianne Eanniello
      julenlo@... 860-463-5576

      Excerpts from an article that further brings nonduality -- the word and the teaching -- into the mainstream:

      The Marriage of Sense and Soul: Waking Up at SAND12

      by Mark Matousek

      "We realized that we are at a dawn of a new spirituality, which is beyond the religious traditions, beyond dogma or any certain belief system," continues Zaya Benazzo, a Bulgarian-born engineer and environmental scientist who co-founded SAND [Science and Nonduality Conference] with her husband. "This new paradigm emerging in spirituality is grounded in cutting-edge science and consistent with the ancient wisdom of non-duality."

      ... SAND may be at the cutting edge of a revolution of consciousness in the coming century. Philosopher Ken Wilber, considered the godfather of the non-dual movement (and whose books Bill Clinton used to read on vacation), calls this imminent convergence "the marriage of sense and soul." Unlike traditional religion, which asks followers to take things on faith and bend to ideology and authority, non-duality is purely experiential, addressing the mystic awareness that we are all born with.

      According to the folks at SAND, this non-sectarian, non-dual approach to awakening is the way of a more enlightened future free of religious quarreling and focused on human brotherhood, liberation, and the relief of suffering on this planet.

      "Mystics describe their experience in many ways," says Maurizio Benazzo, who was brought up in Italy and worked as an actor, model and filmmaker (Short Cut to Nirvana) before embarking on the SAND adventure. "They speak of non-dual awareness as loving, open, and lacking any sense of separation. More than a feeling, the experience also conveys a deep and liberating insight into the truth of life, death, self and world. To see the turnings from the perspective of these non-dual insights is the beginning of a fuller, freer, happier life."

      "Non-duality gives us a deeper understanding and experience of the interconnectedness of life," Zaya says in agreement. "We can no longer live as independent individuals driven by our egocentric concepts. We are all connected, with the stars, with one another, with all the species within and around us. We are a link in an evolutionary process that includes all, from the smallest particles to the largest galaxies. This process is the timeless dance of the cosmos that has been described by mystics of all traditions, the mechanisms of which now start to be explored by modern science. The non-dual approach will help us, as individuals and as a species, go beyond the myth of separation and be more in tune with life itself while having a momentary glimpse of the eternal dance."

      Most of us long to join this dance. After breakfast, the Jungian stops to chat with an astrophysicist in the hotel lobby. They are joined by a priest and a Reiki master. A writer-poet approaches a Zen abbot to talk about the presidential race. For a moment, this feels like a taste of the future. We can only hope.

      ~ ~ ~

      Read the complete article here:

      Finally, I guess I should say something about the U.S. Presidential election being held today. I don't think it matters who wins in this election. They're both running from an avalanche of change that no one can stop, and it doesn't matter who runs a little faster or who holds back more of the crashing ice.