#4741 - Saturday, November 3, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4741, Saturday, November 3, 2012

      How you meet what you see is determined by who you think you are and the level of wisdom that you have gained, how deep your understanding dwells inside the Self of Being.

      - Mooji from Writing on Water, posted to AlongTheWay

      There is some kiss we want
      with our whole lives,
      the touch of Spirit on the body.

      Seawater begs the pearl
      to break its shell.

      And the lily, how passionately
      it needs some wild Darling!

      At night, I open the window
      and ask the moon to come
      and press its face against mine.
      Breathe into me.

      Close the language-door,
      and open the love-window.

      The moon won't use the door,
      only the window.

      - Rumi, Ghazal 1888, from the Diwan-e Shams, in a poetic version by Coleman Barks from Like This, posted to Sunlight

      We often think we need to find someone or some thing to fill us, to complete us, so we can feel whole. But the truth is that there is no 'other' being or thing that can do that for us because we are already whole. We are perfect just as we are. Let's not put a burden on a spouse, or child, or friend to play a part in our lives to make us feel better about ourselves. Instead let's learn to love ourselves, to see our own perfection, our own wholeness, right now, right here, just the way we are.

      - Karma Tsering Chodron, posted to DailyDharma

      Meet your own self. Be with your own self, listen to it, obey it, cherish it, keep it in mind ceaselessly. You need no other guide. As long as your urge for truth affects your daily life, all is well with you. Live your life without hurting anybody. Harmlessness is a most powerful form of Yoga and it will take you speedily to your goal. This is what I call nisarga yoga, the Natural yoga. It is the art of living in peace and harmony, in friendliness and love. The fruit of it is happiness, uncaused and endless.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      Essence isn't a small thing, essence is an immense thing. The essence of you is everything you ever see, taste, touch, and experience. Everywhere you go, every step you take, every breath you take is actually happening by the essence, of the essence, in the essence, and to the essence. All the rest is noise and chatter.

      - Adyashanti