#4741 - Sunday, October 28, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4741, Sunday, October 28, 2012

      What is normal may be felt in the silent mind. When thought is spent, the individual is no longer a separate entity but gets merged in the silent Consciousness as its intrinsic essence.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar from A Net of Jewels, posted to AlongTheWay

      Inasmuch as it is necessary for the knowing aspect of life, or the soul, to return at length to its original state of being, even so it is necessary for it to experience first of all the life it created for the very reason that it might know.

      - From The Teachings Of Hazrat Inayat Khan, posted to SufiMystic

      Between the idea
      And the reality
      Between the motion
      And the act
      Falls the shadow

      Between the conception
      And the creation
      Between the emotion
      And the response
      Falls the Shadow

      Between the desire
      And the spasm
      Between the potency
      and the existence
      Between the essence
      And the descent
      Falls the Shadow

      T.S. Elliot from The Hollow Men, posted to The_Now2

      In John, Chapter 1, it says:
      "The light shines in the darkness
      and the darkness apprehends it not."

      And the light is? ... consciousness.
      How much conciousness can I tolerate?
      ... it depends on how much I surrender myself to it.
      I know it will tolerate me.

      It's only me that can't tolerate my perceived mistakes,
      my perceived errors, my perceived failures.
      I say 'perceived', because they are only perceptions.
      All is perfect, including my innumerable mistakes.
      I had to fall countless times as I can learn to walk,
      but I didn't give myself a severe haranguing every time.

      And the 'me' is?
      ... an idea of who I am,
      and that will always fall far short of my fullness.

      The shadow, comparative darkness,
      lurks in my recesses. It's afraid of the light.
      It has to be gently persuaded to let go
      of its clinging to that place of false security
      under the bushel where the light can't shine.

      ... "Hey, my fearful, internal, shadowy little boy,"
      I say to him,
      "All is well, fear not, there's a beautiful satsang here,
      a community of friends who lovingly embrace you,
      let it nurture your light and dispel that hollow shadow
      "Faith is letting that light shine in your internal darkness
      with a feeling of confidence that all will be well

      "And it will be."

      From the light I come, to the light I return.

      Love,
      John

      - posted to The_Now2

      People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child - our own two eyes. All is a miracle.

      ~Thich Nhat Hanh, posted to The_Now2