#4733 - Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2012
      #4733 - Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nonduality Highlights
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights/

      I guess almost all readers of the Highlights are aware of Jeff Foster. Well now Tami Simon, founder of the iconic Sounds True publishing house, is bringing Jeff to the spirituality mainstream with his newest work

      The Deepest Acceptance: Radical Awakening in Ordinary Life.

      Read the introduction to the book here:

      Hard copy and digital versions are available here:

      The audio book, with an excerpt you may listen to, is available here:

      Meet Jeff Foster and the rest of the gang at SAND...

      Less then 2 weeks to SAND12 US! (Science and Nonduality Conference)

      http://scienceandnonduality.com

      OMG... in less then 2 weeks the journey of 6/700 bodies from all over the planet will converge to San Rafael, California... many of us once again and many of us for the first time.

      Such a thrilling feeling to know we'll soon have a chance to once more encounter like minded people with whom to exchange smiles, opinion and stories while resting in that space in which stories are only what they are.

      If you are still "on the fence" come on board, we'll make sure to squeeze a seat for you. If traveling is too much for your body it's ok, you can watch the conference online live and on demand from the comfort of your home.

      Regardless of your presence we can only thank you for being part of "this" (whatever "this" is...).

      Love, Maurizio Zaya and the SAND US 12 team

      Thanks to Highlights reader Emilie for posting this to Facebook:

      Bhutan Aims to be First 100% Organic Nation

      Submitted by dasha on October 4, 2012 – 8:05 am

      The Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan, famed for seeking “happiness” for its citizens, is aiming to become the first nation in the world to turn its home-grown food and farmers 100 percent organic.

      The tiny Buddhist-majority nation wedged between China and India has an unusual and some say enviable approach to economic development, centred on protecting the environment and focusing on mental well-being.

      Its development model measuring “Gross National Happiness” instead of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has been discussed at the United Nations and has been publicly backed by leaders from Britain and France, among others.

      It banned television until 1999, keeps out mass tourism to shield its culture from foreign influence, and most recently set up a weekly “pedestrians’ day” on Tuesdays that sees cars banned from town centres.

      Its determination to chart a different path can be seen in its new policy to phase out artificial chemicals in farming in the next 10 years, making its staple foods of wheat and potatoes, as well as its fruits, 100 percent organic.

      “Bhutan has decided to go for a green economy in light of the tremendous pressure we are exerting on the planet,” Agriculture Minister Pema Gyamtsho told AFP in an interview by telephone from the capital Thimphu.

      “If you go for very intensive agriculture it would imply the use of so many chemicals, which is not in keeping with our belief in Buddhism, which calls for us to live in harmony with nature.”

      Bhutan has a population of just over 700,000, two-thirds of whom depend on farming in villages dotted around fertile southern plains near India and the soaring Himalayan peaks and deep valleys to the north.

      Read the full article here:

      http://healthfreedoms.org/2012/10/04/bhutan-aims-to-be-first-100-organic-nation/