#4731 - Monday, October 15, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4731, Monday, October 15, 2012

      Suppose you know the definitions of all substances
      and their derivatives,
      what good is this to you?
      Know the true definition of yourself.
      That is indispensable.
      Then, when you know your own definition, flee from it,
      that you may attain to the One who cannot be defined,
      O sifter of the dust.

      - Rumi, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, from Rumi: Jewels of Remembrance, posted to AlongTheWay

      In spite of your beliefs to the contrary, you are not
      what you think, feel, say, do, have, want or fear.

      You're actually the context or the space in which
      all of those other things appear to show up in.

      In short, you are "what is."

      You are what creates you.

      It's all happening both within…and AS…you.

      So, instead of reacting out of your fear, you need
      to learn how to respond out of your love.

      Romantics are always looking for "The One."

      But, everywhere you go, you're always (and only)
      meeting "The One."

      Every one is "The One."

      - Chuck Hillig, posted to AlongTheWay

      Learn to live without self-concern. For this you must know your own true being (swarupa) as indomitable, fearless, ever victorious. Once you know with absolute certainty that nothing can trouble you but your own imagination, you come to disregard your desires and fears, concepts and ideas and live by truth alone.

      Refuge

      I see the lamp, the face, the eye,
      an altar where the soul bows, a

      gladness and refuge. My loving says,
      "Here. I can leave my personality

      here." My reason agrees! "How can
      I object when a rose makes the bent

      backs stand up like cypresses?" Such
      surrender changes everything. Turks

      understand Armenian! Body abandons
      bodiness. Soul goes to the center.

      Rubies appear in the begging bowl.
      But don't brag when this happens.

      Be secluded and silent. Stay in
      the delight, and be brought the

      cup that will come. No artfulness.
      Practice quiet and this new joy.

      - Rumi, version by Coleman Barks from The Soul of Rumi, posted to Sunlight

      True happiness cannot be found in things that change and pass away. Pleasure and pain alternate inexorably. Happiness comes from the self and can be found in the self only. Find your real self (swarupa) and all else will come with it.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj from I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay