#4728 - Thursday, October 11, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2012

      #4728 - Thursday, October 11, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Satsang is a tongueless teacher and headless
      students.  So shut your head, let your Heart open,
      and Truth will reveal itself to you in Silence. Only
      pay attention to That with your open Heart.

       ~ Papaji
      via Along The Way

      The Shores of the Cosmic Ocean....

      "The surface of the Earth is the shore of the cosmic ocean. On this shore, we've
      learned most of what we know. Recently, we've waded a little way out, maybe
      ankle-deep, and the water seems inviting. The ocean calls. Some part of our
      being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because
      the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the
      cosmos to know itself.”

      ~ Carl Sagan

      Dancing Great Blue Heron Landing On Otter Point At Sunset
      ~ The Cove, Far Away Point, Maryland. Photo by Peter Shefler

      "Whoever knows that he knows must be amazed. This is both to wonder and to be
      lost in a maze: to wonder because knowing and being is downright weird, and to
      be lost in a maze because knowing that one knows generates a confusion of
      echoes in which the original sound is lost. For when I know that I know, which
      one is I? The first which knows, the second which knows that I know, or the
      third which knows that I know that I know?"

      ~ Alan Watts, from Beyond Theology: The Art of Godmanship

      The eye that sees, the ear that hears, the tongue that tastes are only apparatus,
      but, the "I" that sees, hears and tastes is Reality.....

      There seem to two kinds of searchers: those who seek to make their ego
      something other than it is, i.e. holy, happy, unselfish (as though you could make a
      fish unfish), and those who understand that all such attempts are just
      gesticulation and play-acting, that there is only one thing that can be done, which
      is to disidentify themselves with the ego, by realising its unreality, and by
      becoming aware of their eternal identity with pure being.

      Quotes from Wei Wu Wei

      via Christopher Hebard on Facebook

      A True Master does not ask you for anything or tell you to do this or that.
      Already, you are bewildered doing jumping jacks, listening to self-improvement
      tapes, going to motivational speakers, and seeking out charismatic gurus. The
      Master simply brings attention to your nature as "Being", and invites you to rest
      in your own Heart.

      ~ Harsh Luthar

      The concept that there is a goal and a path to it is wrong.
      We are the goal or peace always.
      To get rid of the notion that we are not peace is all that is required.

      ~ Ramana Maharshi

      via Sandra Ma on Facebook

      No one has actually ever gotten entangled in phenomena, bodies, minds,
      experiences, relationships, etc. We are always already none other than the One
      that is also Many; our real Nature is the undefined, unstructured, infinite
      Openness-Emptiness of Pure Awareness that is also simultaneously appearing as
      all phenomena. We are Formlessness associated with and permeating forms, but
      never “born” or caught up as these forms.

      ~ Bankei Yotaku

      via Tom McFerran on Facebook

      photo by Alan Larus