#4726 - Tuesday, October 9, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2012

      #4726 - Tuesday, October 9, 2012 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      A New York Times article, the top 12 nondual quotes, and Nathan Gill are featured.

      But first...

      A reminder that you can "attend" the Miracle in Marin -- The Science and Nonduality Conference -- this year, October 25 -28, 2012, while sitting at home. Just tune-in via ForaTV for a fraction of the Conference expenses which unavoidably include gas, food, lodging, workshops, entry fee, and sessions with Scott Kiloby.)

      Or spend your money and be there in person:

      A New York Times article asks...

      Who’s in Charge Inside Your Head?

      "maybe there is no one in charge — no independent, self-serving, order-issuing homunculus. Buddhists note that our skin doesn’t separate us from the environment, but joins us, just as biologists know that “we” are manipulated by, no less than manipulators of, the rest of life. Who is left after “you” are separated from your genes? Where does the rest of the world end, and each of us begin?"

      I Love the Concept of Non Duality

      A Top 12 Of Non Duality Quotes
      By: dlarsenn

      Written on October 3rd, 2012

      12. The dawn of creation wrote what the last day of reckoning shall read. Omar Khayyan
      11. Every moment is the seed for the next. Nissargadatta
      10 . Man is God in drag. Rumi
      9.  What's wrong with right now unless you think about it. Bob Adamson
      8. Human is an idea. Karl Renz
      7. See that the senses don't connect some you to an outside world and there is instant realization. Huang Po
      6. Events happen deeds are done but there is no doer thereof. Buddha
      5. Forgive them for they know not what they do. Jesus
      4. Beyond right and wrong there is a field. I will meet you there. Rumi
      3. Nothing real can be threatened and nothing unreal exists. Therein lies the peace of God. Course in Miracles
      2. I take my stand prior to all. I am the primal ground. Nissargadatta
      1. I am not God but of God. Jesus.

      Hide and Seek

      Posted on  October 5, 2012

      BY NATHAN GILL

      Consciousness, also referred to as The Absolute, The Supreme Reality, No-thing etc is appearing as everything and everyone right now. That is Your identity, Your true nature. You ARE The Supreme Reality, in and as which arises Awareness, in and as which arises form (the play of life).

      Whenever there is simple relaxation into the Awareness aspect of Your Nature, it becomes clear that form (the play of life) is appearing completely spontaneously and that there are no individual entities doing or thinking anything. Awareness is attracted to its own appearances, and, focussed as attention, becomes mesmerised by them (particularly form as thought, and especially thought that appears to refer to “me” as an individual). In this mesmerising, and consequent forgetting of our true nature, the play of life in its myriad appearances seems to be the sole reality.

      But Awareness is not confined as and to form, rather, form is appearing IN awareness! When the reminding of this happens in some way, maybe by this current article or through a “teacher”, book, Youtube etc, then identification as form may become obvious and seeking spontaneously ceases. There is no longer focussing in and as form, rather there is resting as Awareness.

      The play of life continues but the suffering that arises whenever there is attachment to form (and thought particularly) is no longer there. There often ensues in the play of life remembering and forgetting (identification and dis-identification) which has become known as flip-flopping, but the seeming confinement to and as form has loosened. At times mesmerisation may occur with consequent seeking, at times there is simply resting as Awareness.

      In whatever configuration form appears right now, it is just exactly how it’s “meant” to be. Form – the play of life – cannot be altered or transformed in any way by any supposed individual because there are no individuals. The play of life is like a movie already transcribed onto a DVD. It is unalterable, playing endlessly on and on in a display of endless appearances.

      Whenever Awareness identifies with form it appears as though seeking through various means is the key to freedom from that identification, but seeking is merely more identification. The life of the apparent individual is an automaticity, just another part of the movie. There is no individual freedom, rather there may be recognition of our true nature when seeing as and from Awareness, and even the outshining of that as the entirety of our nature as the Supreme Reality. None of this can be “done”. All is simply a spontaneously arising modification of the One Reality, which of course is none other than This, already!

      So there’s one story, and here’s another. Rarely, with some body-mind appearances in the play there’s no gradual reminding and remembering, but rather the complete and immediate falling away of any limitation to seeing and living directly as and from The Supreme Reality, from No-thing.

      Seeing and living directly as and from No-thing is always already the case of course but there isn’t always the conscious recognition of that. Consciousness likes to play hide and seek with itself!

      http://blog.non-dualitypress.com/category/nathan-gill/

      Nathan's books are available at the premiere publisher of nonduality books, Non-Duality Press:

      http://non-dualitypress.com