#4723 - Saturday, October 6, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4723, Saturday, October 6, 2012

      All suffering is born of desire. True love is never frustrated. How can the sense of unity be frustrated? What can be frustrated is the desire for expression. Such desire is of the mind. As with all things mental, frustration is inevitable.

      To accept that insecurity is an intrinsic part of what we call life, and to become that understanding, is to take a qualitative jump from the relativity of involvement to the non-relativity of involvement to the non-relativity of pure witnessing.

      There is a force within
      Which gives you life –
      seek That.
      In your body
      Lies a priceless gem –
      seek That.
      O wandering Sufi,
      if you want to find
      the greatest treasure
      Don't look outside,
      Look inside, and seek That.

      - Rumi, version by Jonathan Star and Shahram Shiva from A Garden Beyond Paradise, posted to AlongTheWay

      Which God are you talking about? What is God? Is he not the very light by which you ask the question? 'I am"' itself is God. The seeking itself is God. In seeking you discover that you are neither the body nor mind, and the love of self in you is for the self in all. The two are one. The consciousness in you and the consciousness in me, apparently two, really one, seek unity and that is love.

      ...In the end spirituality is not about watching the breath. It's about waking up from the dream of separateness to the truth of unit

      .There is only life living itself, life seeing itself, life hearing itself, life meeting itself as each moment.

      The proof that there was something wrong was that I wasn't spiritually awakened. If there was nothing wrong then I would be spiritually awakened... Little did I know that the whole sense that there was something wrong was being totally grasped by the clutches of ego, that was ego. There was somehow something deficient, that idea itself was ego and had led to innumerable egoic episodes. Egocentered narratives in the novel of my life. Even with the sense of neutrality there was this unconscious thread that there was something wrong... And if there's a definition of ego, there's one definition of ego that has some real truth to it, it is: there's something wrong...

      I'm not awake, I'm not spiritually enlightened, because there's something wrong. If there wasn't something wrong I would be enlightened you see. So this idea, this felt experience, actually is a big part of what ego is you see. Cause if there's nothing wrong, all the self-contradiction just falls away. Which is of course what it does when we awaken to our true nature, and we see from the eyes of spirit rather than from the eyes of mind.

      From the eyes of spirit there is nothing wrong. There is nothing wrong with you, with them. This was quite a surprise, there was actually nothing wrong.

      - Adyashanti, posted to The_Now2