#4708 - Saturday/Sunday, September 15/16, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4708, Saturday/Sunday, September 15/16, 2012

      The course of every intellectual, if he pursues his journey long and unflinchingly enough, ends in the obvious, from which the non-intellectuals have never stirred.

      Aldous Huxley, posted to SufiMystic

      The technique to return to your source is very simple. The outside attachments do not allow sitting still and meditating. So avoid, for some time, all outside attachments like you do when you sleep and have a very peaceful night. Practice this in the daytime.

      The instant in which you forget all your outside attachments will be the taste of tremendous Love and Happiness. Then slowly you will stop looking outside until the outside and the inside are the same causing both to cease to exist.

      - Papaji, posted to AlongTheWay

      The seed of mindfulness is in us, but we usually forget to water it.

      We think that happiness is possible only in the future - when we get a house, a car, a Ph.D. We struggle in our mind and body, and we don't touch the peace and joy that are available right now-the blue sky, the green leaves, the eyes of our beloved.

      What is most important? Many people have passed exams and bought houses and cars, and yet they are still unhappy.

      What is most important in life is to find peace and to share it with others. To have peace, you can begin by walking peacefully. Everything depends on your steps.

      -- Thich Nhat Hanh, from The Long Road Turns to Joy, posted to DailyDharma

      Only breath.
      Not Christian or Jew, or Muslim.
      Not Hindu Buddhist, Hindu, Sufi of Zen.
      Not any religion of cultural system
      I'm nor from the east or the west.
      Not out of the ocean, or up from the ground.
      Not natural or ethereal.
      Not composed of elements at all.
      I do not exist.
      Am not an entity, in the world, or the next.
      Did not descend from Adam and Eve, or any origin story.
      My place is the placeless,
      the trace of the traceless,
      neither body nor soul.

      I belong to the beloved,
      have seen the two worlds as one.
      And that one called two, and know,
      first, last, outer, inner.
      Only that breath, breathing, human, being.

      - Rumi, posted to The_Now2

      At every instant the heart hears this call from the blazing
      sun: "Renounce the torch of the earth and gain the torch of
      beyond."

      Since you are serving the Beloved, why hide?
      Gold shines always brighter from the wounds inflicted by
      the goldsmith.

      Overwhelmed by the eternal Wine,The heart was reciting joyfully:
      "The wine may tear my life away, it will give me another life."

      - Rumi Ghazal 538, from Breathing Truth - Quotations from Jalaluddin Rumi - Selected and Translated by Muriel Maufroy, posted to Sunlight