#4706 - Thursday, September 13, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2012

      #4706 - Thursday, September 13, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Your true nature is something never lost to you even in moments of delusion, nor
      is it gained at the moment of Enlightenment. It is the Nature of the
      Bhutatathata. In it is neither delusion nor right understanding. It fills the Void
      everywhere and intrinsically of the substance of the One Mind. How, then, can
      your mind created objects exist outside the Void?
      The Void is fundamentally without spacial dimensions, passions, activities,
      delusions or right understanding. You must clearly understand that in it there
      are no things, no men, and no Buddhas; for this Void contains not the smallest
      hairsbreadth of anything that can be viewed spacially; it depends on nothing and
      is attached to nothing. It is all-pervading, spotless beauty; it is the self existent
      and uncreated Absolute. Then how can it even be a matter for discussion that
      the real Buddha has no mouth and preaches no dharma, or that real hearing
      requires no ears, for who could hear it? Ah, it is a jewel beyond all price!
      ~ The Zen Teachings of Huang Po

      From a Q&A Session:
      If you were inside a building and wanted to get outside, you would have to go
      through a process to get there. Right now it doesn't seem to you that you're
      enlightened, so you need to go through a process. In one way, this example
      doesn't work because once you get outside, you will realize it isn't any different
      there than inside. Ignorance, attachment, and aversion create an artificial
      barrier, the fictitious experience of separation from our true nature. As we
      apply the methods of the Bodhisattva Peace Training, those obscurations dissolve
      and the absolute truth gradually becomes apparent. The methods of this training
      have a twofold purpose: to make us more effective in our efforts to help others
      and to lead us to enlightenment. The same practice that enhances our ability to
      benefit will also bring about our awakening.
      ~ Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche
      From the book, 'Change of Heart,' published by Padma Publishing
      via Daily Dharma

      The Best of Intentions
      "... But I want to act more out of Source than out of the ego."
      Yes, of course you do!
      But now you have to get very, very still.
      Very still.
      Because... who would say that?
      Now. What is it that is AWARE of the one saying that?
      Yes! This is Source. Right now. Source is the You that is aware of the one who
      wants to act more out of Source than out of the ego. Do you see?
      What this means in "real life" is that if you find you are giving yourself a hard
      time – or that you are giving anyone else a hard time – for acting out of the ego,
      then who is it that would have to be doing that?
      Right! It would have to be the ego.
      And what is AWARE of that activity?
      See, you have to be exceedingly empty and clear on your insides in order to act
      out of Source. Otherwise, as you have discovered, nothing you think, or say,
      or do, can be trusted.
      AND, it must be said that no one – and I mean no one – can possibly know what
      Source will look like in advance. It can look like anything!!
      Which means, if you think you do know what Source ought to be looking like,
      then, once again, who would that be, thinking that?
      And what is AWARE of that one?
      It is your birthright to be free.
      Enjoy it.
      Kheyala Rasa