#4701 - Thursday, September 6, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7 10:33 AM

      #4701 - Thursday, September 6, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      You are not separate from the whole.
      You are one with the sun, the earth, the air.
      You don't have a life. You are life.

      ~ Eckhart Tolle

      I sit in my own radiance,
      And I have no fear.

      Walking,
      Dreaming,
      Sleeping,
      What are they to me?

      What is far or near,
      Outside or inside,
      Gross or subtle?

      I sit in my own splendor.

              - Ashtavakra Gita
      via Along The Way

      Not the ones speaking the same language,
      but the ones sharing the same feeling
      understand each other.

      ~ Rumi

      The soul has been given its own ears to hear things mind does not understand.
      ~ Rumi

      You don't have to wait one second for the next "planetary alignment." All
      planets and stars are in alignment at every moment in an ever self-turning
      kaleidoscope of cosmic perfection with which only our human self-will is out
      of harmony until we surrender to the divine grace of Bewilderment.

      ~ Fred  LaMotte

      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
      the philosophy which does not laugh,
      and the greatness which does not bow before children."

      ~ Kahlil Gibran

      The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy and after all our most
      pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its renewal is
      our only hope.

      ~ Wendell Berry, The Art of the Commonplace: The Agrarian Essays

      I don't believe in breathing, I just breathe.
      I don't believe in my heart, it just beats.
      I don't believe in the hummingbird
      who sleeps on a lilac twig, its head pillowed
      on her own emerald breast.
      I don't believe in the silken cat
      slipping silently through her element of moonbeams.
      I don't believe in your gaze, it just obliterates
      my confusion.
      I don't believe in Jesus or Mary, who wander
      through a forest of secret flowers in my body
      searching for the fountain of silence, the end
      of believing.
      Whoever finds that fountain just listens
      to a gushing sound.
      ~ Fred LaMotte

      Is Truth Beauty? Is Beauty Truth?

      And in my thoughts I found myself carried far from mankind, and my imagination
      lifted the veil of matter that hid my inner self. My soul expanded and I was
      brought closer to Nature and her secrets, and my ears were opened to the
      language of her wonders.

      ~ Wendell Berry