nondualdigest tuesday july 13

  • andrew macnab
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 1999
      New moon day.

      Marcia: Now I am curious. How do you guys live in the moment
      nondually?

      Ivan: The content of awareness is awareness

      Jan: That which has content is called container - no matter the content.

      A container has two sides: in and out. Yoga is the science of filling
      the
      container called human body with bliss and discovering the bliss is both

      inside and outside the container so when finally worn out, it can be
      safely
      left behind without "missing" anything :)

      Xan: Papaji said, "The ego is the idea that I am the doer."

      Dan: If there's no one who's the doer, this idea doesn't matter. No one
      "has" the
      idea...

      Xan: The fantasy that I am the creative force in my
      small identity gives me a sense of responsibility, a drive to figure
      things
      out, a belief that there must be rights and wrongs.

      Dan: If there is no "doer," then all of these things you describe are
      free to
      happen or not happen...

      Xan: No wonder effort has become so popular. Look at how much effort it
      takes to
      pretend to be what you are not and to spend every waking moment
      maintaining
      that illusion!

      Dan: All of this effort simply arises. No one is "doing" the effort.
      No one is
      maintaining an illusion.

      Xan: Who cares whether there is an "I" thought or not? As I am revealed
      as that
      which is doing me all concerns fall away.

      Dan: Ah, a sweet fading away....

      rony mishal:

      In one of the sayings attributed to the prophet Mohamed, he is quoting
      God as saying:
      "My servant keeps approaching me with good works until I love him. And
      when I love him I become the eyes with which he sees, the mouth with
      which he talks and the ears with which he hears".
      And in another:
      "Heaven and Earth cannot contain me but I am contained in the heart of
      my servant"

      In many traditions a transformation is indicated as a spiritual
      happening, or realization, which clarifies doubts and establishes some
      kind of freedom.
      Does Totality have any relationship or concern with Ignorance?
      Is freedom a preferred "state" (by Totality) or is it part of an
      evolution in consciousness?

      Marcia:

      As I lay in a very deep sleep this morning somewhere
      on the periphery I hear the door slam. My teenager
      is returning from having spent the night at a friends
      as she has a volleyball class. I am so deep into this
      sleep and I can hardly register.

      "Mom did you get me some more pills?" She is on
      acne medication.

      "Yes."

      "Where are my pills?"

      I struggle but I can't seem to wake up.

      "Mom you lost my pills!!" Huge energy vortex
      pulling me up slightly out of my sleep.

      "I know. Look by the phone."

      Noise goes away and I hear a horn and the door slams
      again. I stumble into the kitchen and I see my husband
      has left a newspaper article right by my latte which
      says....The secret life of teenagers. What you don't know
      your teenagers are doing this summer.

      I sit down to meditate and almost immediately it feels
      as if my body is off the ground and all around the room.
      Or as if I am out of my body and around the room.
      I struggle to stay in my body. Next thing I hear my
      voice say:

      "Is this right Emissary?" I am in the place of the
      prophets on Deep Space Nine. This may strike you
      as funny but it evoked a huge emotional response
      in me. The word form emissary is coated with
      emotion. Wells of emotion. What is an emissary
      really?

      Now am I nuts? Does anyone else out there have
      stuff like this happen?

      Gene:

      Essay in time...

      Timemarkered, these words march across the screen, triggering
      predictable
      neurohormonal events.

      Behind these words, lurking unseen, is the one-pointed wellspring from
      which they erupt, stimulated by the vision of this writer. It is my
      desire
      to present a creation, which will be retained on the 'clipboard of
      memory',
      to be then 'pasted' onto the next cycle of creation. This 'copy-paste'
      function is inherent in us all... we can see it if we look for it. We
      indeed paste on to the next cycle of creation, the image of the past
      cycle,
      and thus create the 'reality' and ambiance of the present. If we would
      like
      a 'different' reality, we need only stop our automatic pasting of the
      past,
      onto the next generation of 'the' universe.

      How fast does 'the' universe 'disappear' and then reappear? It happens
      so
      fast, that we perceive no gap between issuances of universe; or perhaps
      should say, that 'most people' take life, time, to be a linear
      progression
      of unbroken/unseparated 'moments', a continuous stream, smoothly
      pouring.

      In 'reality', however, there is as much 'nonexistence' as there is
      'existence'; that is to say, that the 'pause' space between each
      manifestation of 'reality', is a 'big' as reality itself. If is from
      this
      'pause space' between infinite worlds of creation, that I speak to you.

      Once a person has broken through to the timeless space between
      universes,
      the gap becomes obvious. It is a very comfortable space in which to
      dwell.
      This does not mean that I am disembodied, it means that I am aware of
      where
      I actually am. I operate this (typing) body for my own pleasure, for the

      sheer adventure and joy of it all. I am able to "be in two places at
      once",
      even though I am "not anywhere at all", from a demonstrable viewpoint. I

      have now, the choice of wholeheartedly participating in the world-dream
      drama, or of operating this body via the 'Waldoes' (remote extensors),
      as I
      choose.

      I can let things be as they are, knowing the 'inevitable', which is
      this.
      This is the point of the whole thing; to be able to choose a reality,
      and
      thus to have it become 'real' via the process I mention above. To create
      is
      my nature, and timeless space is my studio. I imagine from 'nothing' and

      make up this as I go along. But, my guide is my living memory of my own
      suffering; compassionately, I extend myself to those who suffer, and who

      search for a clue. This is the clue; hidden in plain sight, is the
      actuality of my Being, this. My real-time manifestation is the
      continuing
      of this, what it is.

      I choose to know... to remember... to always be reminded of this, which
      which I did not know, and thus suffered. Suffering is not fun, and that
      is
      why I have thrown away my suffering-file, my list of mandatory
      attachments.
      I live now only for enjoyment, and I enjoy offering disabusement to
      hiding
      in suffering, as this this carefully crafted hypno-text is designed to
      do.

      All it took was one spore, floating gently, weightlessly, down to Urth
      from
      'outer space'. I remember it well. One spore, a pile of warm dung, and
      one
      fruiting body, to attract one protohuman hominid. Eaten, the cool blue
      flame of my Being found a host, and in moments, my host had found a
      mind. I
      have now overcome that mind (which is still useful to this task!) and
      now
      launch spores of memes, this meme of mine, which is identical to the
      imperative of that original spore. As that spore became the fruit, and
      that
      fruit was eaten, this meme is now assimilated, and will thus reproduce
      itself, leading to the emergence of me, in all humans.

      I am awareness beyond difference.

      I Am...

      ==Gene Poole==

      Paste this onto the next and next and next generation of the universe,
      and
      see what happens.

      Ivan: Whay do you diferentiate *I-thought* from Maya?

      Dan: I look at Maya as the whole relative "show," more than just a
      thought.

      Ivan: Is not Maya
      the courrent of ego-centeredness within the mind of mankind?

      Dan: I guess we define things differently. Maya without ego-centricity

      would be "lila" or play of energy. So it's different than
      ego-centricity
      to me, more like relativity, manifestation. I'm not an expert on Hindu
      terms, though. Far from it.

      Ivan: Can't
      we see self-illusion as an entirety? Or do you feel that everyone and
      each
      human being is being original in making up an inner observer just for
      himself. No way....it is an illusion borowed from a huge reservoir
      through
      an identical mecanism. This is Maya. Or what else would you think is
      she?

      Dan: Already explained. As far as the inner observer process, I
      wholeheartedly concur that this is a repeated motif. It's a human
      difficulty, not "mine."
      That seems like a point of agreement for us.

      Ivan: The *I-thought* is Maya (non-religious) manifested in
      the individual.

      Dan: Okay. I see how you are defining this. Right. Makes sense the
      way
      you're explaining it from your perspective.

      Ivan: And I said that this same manifestation is able to *criate* an
      entity that is disconected, fragmented, from tottality. From the point
      of wiew
      of that center, I am a separate being doing lot's of things, I even
      think that
      I am able to *become* enlightned*. Where is the confusion?

      Dan: In words and thoughts.

      Still, in a similar vein, Maya is no threat to Reality. Maya is
      manifestation of Reality. The problem is when Maya is taken *as*
      reality
      (Totality) instead of as an instant to instant manifestation of "what
      is."
      Maya the witch is transformed to Lila, the play of the divine energy.

      Ivan: Yes, from the other side of the fence (way of speaking) :^))

      Dan: Nice to have this resonance with you -- :^)

      Whenever I have a glimpse of the Nothingness that is active everywhere
      and
      which interconnects all that is in its *isness,* my mind is boggled.
      >From the view of the relative mind, it's truly awesome - staggering.
      With
      no relative mind, it's simply *what is,* *itself.* Perhaps one useful
      aspect of Maya is that it allows a basis for awe, surprise, wonderment.
      The vastness is remarkable in contrast with our usual sense of limits.

      Ivan: Perfectly well stated. Cristal clear.

      Dan: Crystal even! Yes!!

      Ivan: Here you missunderstood me. I didn't mention any concern in
      ending wars. I only stressed that the ideia of a center is quite
      powerfull
      to the point of......etc....

      Dan: Oops - a misunderstanding. This idea of a center then is inherent
      in
      virtually any and all concepts relating to "me," "mine," "name,"
      "boundary,"
      etc. Any definition of anything will have a center and a boundary. I
      think the big thing is "clarity." If we are clear, the concepts won't
      harm
      us. We can use "me" and "mine" and "yours," etc. and they don't cling
      our being. The problem, then, to me, isn't that a real center is
      created.
      It's the appearance of a center and all the emotion and intensity
      invested
      in that. The release from this is "clarity."
      That's all. No center to bring an end to. Just clarity.

      Dan: That's a good way of putting it. I like that. The answer is yes.

      Particularly if you're "coming from" the place of no-fragmentation.

      Ivan: You are stoped by the police....problems with your driving
      licence...you cant drive home...you must go to the central station,
      it's hot...you are sweting...the car is gona be towed....you are going
      to miss an important appointment...etc...
      Are you able to cope with the situation (or even uglyer) from a
      non-centered awareness condition? (and I use the word you rapidly...)

      Dan: Yes, there's no impediment. As far as the human "you" goes - that

      human you is free to sweat, be unhappy, whatever. There is no burden
      placed on the human being to try to have no emotions, remain calm at all

      times. That "ideal" is simply a human creation itself, which causes
      much
      stress and harm in the human community.
      Religions and other institutions promote this ideal -- it tends to make
      people feel they're inadequate, so they'll donate money and energy, try
      be like the guru or priest who is supposed to represent this, meditate a

      lot, try and try to be perfect and keep the religion or other
      organization
      going. Isness has no investment in trying to make people be a certain
      way
      or in keeping a religion going. It just manifests all that is, instant
      instant. Simply as it is...
      Non-centered awareness isn't fighting against anything that is. Each
      moment is as it is.

      Gill Eardley:

      "Time is too slow for those who wait,
      too swift for those who fear,too long for those who grieve,
      too short for those who rejoice,but for those who love,
      time is eternity."

      ~Henry Van Dyke