#4696 - Saturday, September 1, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4696, Saturday, September 1, 2012

      Sharing the Heart is the practice that when we encounter pain in our life we breathe into our heart with the recognition that others also feel this. It's a way of acknowledging when we are closing down and of training to open up. When we encounter any pleasure or tenderness in our life, we cherish that and rejoice. Then we make the wish that others could also experience this delight or this relief.

      In a nutshell, when life is pleasant, think of others. When life is a burden, think of others. If this is the only training we ever remember to do, it will benefit us tremendously and everyone else as well. It's a way of bringing whatever we encounter onto the path of awakening bodhichitta.

      - Pema Chodron, posted to DailyDharma

      We slay a thousand dragons by catching this one dragon called 'I'. You have the power to bring the attention inwardly again and again, then you'll see that all appearances are only coming and going, nothing is fixed. Keep on confirming this and the inner noise of identity and conditioning will get washed out. What remains is that pure space of Being.

      - Mooji, posted to AlongTheWay

      The sage lives in complete apprehension of the fact that there is no individual doing anything, whether it be writing, walking, talking or anything else. Thus, he may be said to walk a thousand miles without setting a foot outside of his house or speak for forty years without saying a word.

      Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.

      - Elizsabeth Kubler Ross, posted to The_Now2

      Live, so you do not have to look back and say: 'God, how I have wasted my life.'

      - Elizsabeth Kubler Ross, posted to The_Now2

      The surface of thought's stream
      carries sticks and straws -
      some pleasant, some unsightly.
      Seed-husks floating in the water
      have fallen from the fruits of the invisible garden.
      Look for the kernels back in the garden,
      for the water comes from the garden into the riverbed.
      If you don't see the flow of the water of Life,
      look at this movement of weeds in thought's stream.
      When the water flows more fully,
      the husks, our ideas, pass along more quickly.
      When this stream has become a torrent,
      no care lingers in the mind of gnostics:
      since the water has become so swift and full,
      there is no longer room in it for anything but water.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi II:3296-3302, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski from Rumi: Daylight, posted to Sunlight