#4685 - Monday, August 20, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20 9:50 PM

      #4685 - Monday, August 20, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Our yearning for truth actually comes from truth.

      ~Adyashanti

      Louis Armstrong said, "If ya ain't got it in ya, ya can't blow it out."

      Q: How is mouna (silence) possible when we are engaged in worldly
      transactions?

      M: When women walk with water pots on their heads, they are able to
      talk with their companions while all the time remaining intent on the
      water above. Similarly, when a sage engages in activities, they do not
      disturb him because his mind abides in Brahman.

      The difficulty is that people think they are the doer; it is a mistake. It
      is the higher power which does everything and people are only a tool. If
      they accept that position, they will be free from troubles; otherwise
      they court them. Do your work without anticipating its fruits. That is
      all that you should do.

      via The Wizard (John Troy) on Facebook

      "When we look for the source of all the problems that confront human
      life we usually blame everything but the root cause: our lack of
      spiritual discipline and realization.

      Particularly in this degenerate age, the world atmosphere is so very
      negative and the conditions around us conducive to little but evil karma
      and meaningless distractions, that not to have the protection of spiritual
      knowledge is to leave ourselves totally defenseless against the negative
      mind."

      ~H.H. the Dalai Lama
      via Daily Dharma

      To any conceptual problem there cannot
      be any valid answer except to see the
      problem in perspective as an empty
      thought.  There is no such thing as a
      "problem" which is other than merely
      conceptual.

                        - Ramesh S. Balsekar

      via Along The Way

      True intelligence does not derive from thought.
      True intelligence uses thought.

      ~Adyashanti

      A reminder...

      The great religions are the ships, Poets the life boats.
      Every sane person I know has jumped overboard.
      ~ Hafiz

      In the final stage of the enlightenment process duality and diversity are
      also completely embraced. During the process it may be viable -and
      helpful- to say 'there is no duality'. At such a stage believing this might
      be necessary for you to transcend the world and its suffering. But
      finally you end up saying 'duality also exists' and you'll embrace 'the
      other' as both being different from you as well as the same as your
      deepest Self. There is so much joy and love in seeing and embracing the
      manifold diversity of existence.

      ~Jan Brouwer