#4666 - Monday, July 30, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2012

      #4666 - Monday, July 30, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      It does not make any difference what you 'believe'.
      What matters is what you are.

      ~ Robert Adams

      photo by Alan Larus

      You are the Self, here and now. Leave the mind alone,
      stand aware and unconcerned and you will realize that
      to stand alert but detached, watching events come and go,
      is an aspect of your real nature.

      ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

      via Along The Way

      34,000 monks at Wat Phra Dhammakaya, a Buddhist temple in Thailand.

      Photo Credit: Luke Duggleby

      The serene life is not subject to emotional crisis. It has clearly
      worked out, in the hours of contemplation, its wise attitude
      towards life and men so that no situation that arises can sweep it
      off its feet.

      ~ Paul Brunton

      via Along The Way

      All situations can be used to deepen our understanding and the
      sense of magic and beauty in our experience.

      ~ Jack Kornfield

      Words can never convey the beauty of a tree; to understand it,
      you must see it with your own eyes. Language cannot capture the
      melody of a song; to understand it, you must hear it with your
      own ears. So it is with the Tao: the only way to understand it is
      to directly experience it. The subtle truth of the universe is
      unsayable and unthinkable. Therefore the highest teachings are
      wordless. My own words are not the medicine, but a
      prescription; not the destination, but a map to help you reach it.
      When you get there, quiet your mind and close your mouth. Don't
      analyze the Tao. Strive instead to live it: silently, undividedly,
      with your whole harmonious being.

      ~ Hua Hu Ching, Lao Tzu

      via Christopher Hebard on Facebook

      photo by Alan Larus