#4665 - Saturday, July 28, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4665, Saturday, July 28, 2012

      The unexpected is bound to happen, while the anticipated may never come.

      We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.

      - Joseph Campbell, posted to The_Now2

      Returning is the motion of the Tao.
      Yielding is the way of the Tao.
      The ten thousand things are born of being.
      Being is born of not being.

      - Lao-tzu from Tao Te Ching, translation by Gia-fu Feng and Jane English, posted to AlongTheWay

      What is wrong in letting go the illusion of personal control and personal responsibility? Both are in the mind only. Of course, as long as you imagine yourself to be in control, you should also imagine yourself to be responsible. One implies the other.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj from I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      The New Rule

      Its the old rule that drunks have to argue
      and get into fights.
      The lover is just as bad. He falls into a hole.
      But down in that hole he finds something shining,
      worth more than any amount of money or power.

      Last night the moon came dropping its clothes in the street.
      I took it as a sign to start singing,
      falling up into the bowl of sky.
      The bowl breaks. Everywhere is falling everywhere.
      Nothing else to do.

      Here's the new rule: break the wineglass,
      and fall toward the glassblower's breath.

      Rumi, Ghazal 1861, from the Diwan-e Shams,, version by Coleman Barks, posted to Sunlight

      Say "yes" to life - and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.

      - Eckhart Tolle, posted to The_Now2