#4664 - Friday, July 27, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2012

      #4664 - Friday, July 27, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      When you realize you are the infinite, everything is already
      expressing your nature -- everything you see, everything you
      feel, every person you meet.
      ~ Adyashanti

      Q: Why do people worship you so much?

      Sri Sri: It is up to them. If they see God in me, it is their
      choice. I see God in them too. Wherever you begin, don't stop
      there - worship everybody, honour everything. Today, there is
      violence in the world because we have not taught people how to
      honour each other. Honour life, wherever it is - in the dog,
      donkey or cow. Society needs to flourish in love, worship is
      inevitable.

      No Sense of Difference
      by Ramana Maharshi

      D.: Does one who has realized the Self lose the sense of ‘I’?

      R.: Absolutely.

      D.: Then there is not difference between yourself and myself,
      that man over there, my servant. Are all the same?

      R.: All are the same, including those monkeys.

      D.: But the monkeys are not people. Are they not different?

      R.: They are exactly the same as people. All are the same in One
      Consciousness.

      Eagle Poem

      To pray you open your whole self
      To sky, to earth, to sun, to moon
      To one whole voice that is you.
      And know there is more
      That you can't see, can't hear
      Can't know except in moments
      Steadily growing, and in languages
      That aren't always sound but other
      Circles of motion.
      Like eagle that Sunday morning
      Over Salt River.  Circles in blue sky
      In wind, swept our hearts clean
      With sacred wings.
      We see you, see ourselves and know
      That we must take the utmost care
      And kindness in all things.
      Breathe in, knowing we are made of
      All this, and breathe, knowing
      We are truly blessed because we
      Were born, and die soon, within a
      True circle of motion,
      Like eagle rounding out the morning
      Inside us.
      We pray that it will be done
      In beauty.
      In beauty.

      ~ Joy Harjo

      (How We Become Human: New and Selected Poems 1975-2001)

      Web version: www.panhala.net/Archive/Eagle_Poem.html