#4661 - Monday, July 23, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2012

      #4661 - Monday, July 23, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      In fact, ultimate truth does not even need words or explanation.
      That is because this whole world is already truth. Just see. Just
      hear. Just smell. From moment to moment, the universe is always
      giving us a very wonderful Dharma speech about the nature of
      truth. The sky is blue. The trees are green. Salt tastes salty;
      sugar is sweet. When you see, when you hear, when you smell,
      when you taste, when you touch, when you think - everything,
      just-like-this, is the truth.

      ~Seung Sahn
      The Compass of Zen p.253
      via Tony Cartledge

      photo by Alan Larus

      Sayings by Fred LaMotte

      Above all, develop the virtue of PERSISTENCE. With
      persistence, you will achieve all the things that... oh never mind.

      Hey, it's OK to be passionate about an issue and take a stand.
      Really, it doesn't mean you're a bigot, or a failed non-dualist.
      It means you are alive.

      A monk remains in the unbounded. A warrior, while inwardly at
      rest in the unbounded, makes bold choices to act in the world of
      boundaries. There is no conflict.

      It's so boring when everyone agrees. It's so boring when
      everyone argues. Agree to love, then frolic in differences.

      "Love bears me away where there is no longer any shore." ~Al-Hallaj

      A lover cries out, but not with words.
      So prayer is an inner music
      that does not speak GodÂ’s name.
      Love and prayer keep night's secret
      like the ocean of stars,
      yet the hollow of the spine cannot contain it.
      What gushes out is a language of sighs and glances,
      sometimes through the heart, sometimes the crown.
      Haven't you felt some breath hovering over you,
      longing to anoint the soft spot that used to be there?
      This language is known only to those
      who let the waves have their way with them.
      Waves of what? Waves of whose reflection
      in the waters of abysmal delight?
      Friend, if you're still crying, "help!"
      You haven't finished drowning.

      via Fred LaMotte

      Liberation is our very nature.  We are that.
      The very fact that we wish for liberation
      shows that freedom from all bondage is our
      real nature.  It is not to be freshly acquired.
      All that is necessary is to get rid of the false
      notion that we are bound.  When we achieve
      that, there will be no desire or thought of any
      sort.  So long as one desires liberation, so
      long, you may take it, one is in bondage.

      ~Sri Ramana Maharshi

      via Along The Way

      In Gita 10:32 Krishna says, "I am the beginning and the end."
      In Revelations 22:13 Jesus says, "I am the beginning and the end."

      Are they the same voice, the same Am speaking through different faces?

      You also say I Am.

      Who is Christ, who is Krishna, if not the soul of your soul,
      the heart of your heart, the silent Am who witnesses your I,
      just as the still unfathomable ocean rests inside each wave?

      ~Fred LaMotte