#4660 - Saturday/Sunday, July 21/22, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4660, Saturday/Sunday, July 21/22, 2012

      Giving even one's last meal If beings knew, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they would not eat without having given, nor would the stain of miserliness overcome their minds. Even if it were their last bite, their last mouthful, they would not eat without having shared, if there were someone to receive their gift. But because beings do not know, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they eat without having given. The stain of miserliness overcomes their minds.

      - The Buddha, from the: Itivuttaka: The Buddha's Sayings posted to DailyDharma

      One day your heart
      will take you to your lover.
      One day your soul
      will carry you to the Beloved.
      Don't get lost in your pain,
      know that one day
      your pain will become your cure.

      - Rumi translated by Azima Melita Kolin and Maryam Mafi, Rumi: Hidden Music, posted to AlongTheWay

      Compassion arises when one realizes the suffering, the unsatisfactoriness that exists within oneself. Only then can one feel with another person. Otherwise one is still under the delusion that everything is all right with oneself, that it's only other people who are having a bad time. If one sees clearly within oneself all the unsatisfactory states that arise constantly in quick succession - the likes and dislikes, the regrets and the resentments, the fears and the worries, the tensions - then one knows that everyone is subject to the same. Then when someone else is having a difficult time one can feel with that person, because one knows about one's own problems.

      - Ayya Khema, from Being Nobody Going Nowhere, posted to DailyDharma

      You may forget with whom you laughed, but you will never forget with whom you wept

      - Khalil Gibran

      With all who weep today at senseless suffering, we join.
      With all who comfort today, we share compassion.
      With all who reel today with unimagined loss, we hold.
      There are no divisions at times of great sorrow.
      The whole can only love.

      - dg, posted recently to DailyDharma

      Words, heard or read, will only create images in your mind, but you are not a mental image. You are the power of perception and action, behind and beyond the image.

      The most living moment comes when
      those who love each other meet each

      other's eyes and in what flows
      between them then. to see your face

      in a crowd of others, or alone on a
      frightening street, I weep for that.

      Our tears improve the earth. The
      time you scolded me, your gratitude,

      your laughing, always your qualities
      increase the soul. Seeing you is a

      wine that does not muddle or numb.
      We sit inside the cypress shadow

      where amazement and clear thought
      twine their slow growth into us.

      - Rumi, from The Soul of Rumi, posted to DailyDharma