#4655 - Monday, July 16, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2012

      #4655 - Monday, July 16, 2012 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "There are an awful lot of scientists today
      who believe that before very long
      we shall have unraveled all the secrets of the universe.
      There will be no puzzles anymore.
      To me it'd be really, really tragic
      because I think one of the most exciting things
      is this feeling of mystery, feeling of awe,
      the feeling of looking at a little live thing
      and being amazed by it
      and how its emerged through these hundreds of years
      of evolution and there it is and it is perfect and why."
      ~ Jane Goodall

      "I have arrived" is a practice, not a statement or declaration.
      ...I have arrived in the here and the now, and I can touch life
      deeply with all it's wonders. The rain is a wonder, the sunshine
      is a wonder, the trees are a wonder, the faces of children are a
      wonder. There are so many wonders of life around you and
      inside you. You eyes are a wonder, you need only to open them..

      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

      words by Fred LaMotte
      collages by Rashani Rea

      As sunlight is attributed to the moon, so is the
      Beloved's form ascribed to the lover; but in truth

      By Fakhruddin Iraqi
      (? - 1289)

      As sunlight is attributed to the moon, so is the
      Beloved's form ascribed to the lover; but in truth

      each image painted
                on the canvas of existence
      is the form
                of the artist himself.
      Eternal Ocean
                spews forth new waves.
      "Waves" we call them;
                but there is only the Sea.

      English version by William Chittick and Peter Lamborn Wilson

      -- from Fakhruddin Iraqi: Divine Flashes (Classics of Western
      Spirituality) , Translated by William Chittick / Translated by
      Nasr Seyyed Hossein
      Poetry Chaikhana