#4654 - Saturday/Sunday, July 14/15, 2012

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2012

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4654, Saturday/Sunday, July 14/15, 2012

      O SERVANT, where dost thou seek Me?
      Lo! I am beside thee.
      I am neither in temple nor in mosque: I am neither in Kaaba nor in Kailash:
      Neither am I in rites and ceremonies, nor in Yoga and renunciation.
      If thou art a true seeker, thou shalt at once see Me: thou shalt meet Me in a moment of time.
      Kabîr says, "O Sadhu! God is the breath of all breath."

      - Kabir from The Songs of Kabir, translated by Rabindranath Tagore

      The Fullness Of Peace

      Not for me is the love that knows no restraint
      and is like foaming wine that, having burst its
      vessel in a moment, would run to waste.

      Send me the love that is cool and pure like
      Your rain, which blesses the thirsty earth and fills
      the homely earthen jars.

      Send me the love that would soak down into
      the center of being, and from there would spread
      like the unseen sap through the branching tree of
      life, giving birth to fruits and flowers.

      Send me the love that keeps the heart still
      with the fullness of peace.

      - Rabindranath Tagor from The Heart Of God, posted to The_Now2

      TELL me, Brother, how can I renounce Maya?
      When I gave up the tying of ribbons, still I tied my garment about me:
      When I gave up tying my garment, still I covered my body in its folds.
      So, when I give up passion, I see that anger remains;
      And when I renounce anger, greed is with me still;
      And when greed is vanquished, pride and vainglory remain;
      When the mind is detached and casts Maya away, still it clings to the letter.
      Kabîr says, "Listen to me, dear Sadhu! the true path is rarely found."

      - Kabir from The Songs of Kabir, translated by Rabindranath Tagore

      O FRIEND! hope for Him whilst you live, know whilst you live, understand whilst you live: for in life deliverance abides.
      If your bonds be not broken whilst living, what hope of deliverance in death?
      It is but an empty dream, that the soul shall have union with Him because it has passed from the body:
      If He is found now, He is found then,
      If not, we do but go to dwell in the City of Death.
      If you have union now, you shall have it hereafter.
      Bathe in the truth, know the true Guru, have faith in the true Name!
      Kabîr says: "It is the Spirit of the quest which helps; I am the slave of this Spirit of the quest."

      - Kabir from The Songs of Kabir, translated by Rabindranath Tagore

      Do not go to the garden of flowers!
      O Friend! go not there;
      In your body is the garden of flowers.
      Take your seat on the thousand petals of the lotus, and there gaze on the Infinite Beauty.

      - Kabir from The Songs of Kabir, translated by Rabindranath Tagore<

      The Meeting When the friend opens the door and says,
      You are here, please come in.
      It is such a pleasure to give up talking
      and listen to his long story
      about Khidr, the guide of souls.

      A tailor cuts cloth uniquely for each person.
      Springs open in the center of the lake.
      Trees move in the breeze that comes before dawn.

      A nightingale sits in the rosebush and asks,
      Who do you love? Tell me.
      No one else is here.

      The rose, So long as you are you,
      I cannot. This is the passionate demand,
      the one the burning bush made of Moses.

      I am a sacred pool. Take off your shoes.
      Wade in. You are the essence
      of place and placelessness, honored one.
      Take my hand.

      The needle's eye will not accept
      a strand of thread that is folded double.

      So it is with you.
      You find yourself holding the royal bowl
      and welcoming all to the banquet.

      The sun stands in the fire up to its chin
      so we can have daylight.

      When you take the hand of someone you love,
      what happens to those hands?

      Your darling comes, and you ask,
      How can I help? Come here.

      Reason wonders, Should I go?
      And your loving, Should I run?

      The one you love signals,
      Yes. I want both of you.

      The table is there. Sit down,
      Choose the bright company.
      Do not worry about food.

      Now I pass to you this silence,
      so that the alternations of night and day
      with their flaming language
      may finish the story.

      - Rumi Ghazal 45, in a poetic version by Professor Coleman Barks, posted to Sunlight